BIKE JACKINGS

Tightfitt

Having just read about a guy being shot at this last week in Main (over the freeway) scares the hell out of me.

It is bad enough getting out of bed at the crack of dawn, but to have to worry about your safety too is wild.

Anybody riding up to the Engen in the am from Broadacres area - let me know as I would much rather ride in a large group. Other option is to drive to the ride!

Just heard that a guy was mugged (hit with a sambok) and bike stolen Thursday 4 Feb by 5 guys in a bakkie just outside Melkbostrand at 5h30 in morning (opposite private school) . On the road between westcoast road and N7.  We were also cyling past the area 5 minutes earlier. 

And from a distance Gnarly looks like a large group of riders...

At least he doesnt smell like a Manbearpig....LOL

If you want a good laugh on your morning ride you can always follow OPC on his way to work. Watching his blubbery ass from behind looks like two pigs fighting in a sugar sack.

Its gotten out of hand.

But the root cause needs to be determined, IE where do these bikes go?

Has no one here been offered a second hand bike from a friend of a friend of a friend that fell off the back of a truck??

Personally I have'nt but there has to be a market for these things. There is a reason they started jacking them. And I dont beleive they all go to mox for R500 bucks.

What about carrying pepper spray? I think it would work if the guy had a knife or screwdriver but you cant risk it with a gun, coz he could just pull the trigger.

Overall, its all pretty scary and Im def moving to the cape next year!

If you want a good laugh on your morning ride you can always follow OPC on his way to work. Watching his blubbery ass from behind looks like two pigs fighting in a sugar sack.

You should know as you are always behind my fat blubbery ass...LOLLOLLOL

PS. I just ate your MPH tickets....Ouch