Racetec timing

wzc3008

Hi,

does anyone know exactly how Racetec works out the time.

I was seeded DL, started with HL.

I recorded 3:10 for the yesterday's race and on the racetec results it says I did 3:20

Do they start my time with my group starting time? which would mean that because I started 10 minutes later, 10 minutes is added to my time?Cry

No, your start time corresponds with the groups listed in the programme, I missed my VB start due to traffic, and started with AL. Racetec has me as AL.

Dont know how you lost 10 mins, setup correct? cross both timing mats at the end?

heres a question for the techies!

How does the seeding work?

Is it based on average speed or is it based on what time you clocked compared to the winning time?

Time in relation to the winner's time. But I think they also adjust it a bit with weighting depending on the difficulty of the race.

Time in relation to the winner's time. But I think they also adjust it a bit with weighting depending on the difficulty of the race.

That's right. I can't remember if they perform the adjustment on your time or the winning time.

The average speed is there only for your personal gratification. I have only ever done one race where the published and actual distances were the same, so my average speed has never been right, escept then. That does not bother me.

Edman2010-02-08 06:46:15