Slime into presta valves???

Scoe

OK, so putting 'slime', or what ever sealant you like into a schrader(sp) valve is easy - remove the core and insert....

But how the hell do you get the stuff into a presta valve?

The particles that allow it to seal battle to get in...

HELP~!

just unscrew the little screw all the way, deflate the tube fully, and screw the bottle of slime onto the valve housing (if not threaded, just force it down the valve stem) then squeeze. The pressure from the slime being forced out will cause the piston to depress, allowing the slime into the tube.

Just be sure to get the slime that has a bottle suitable for presta valves, because the ones for schrader valves DO have a bigger nozzle.

I've done it without a problem for years now...

I've not used this technique myself, but I've seen the suggestion that you should get a hypodermic syringe and needle (from a chemist). Use the syringe to push the Slime into the tube. The small hole that the needle makes will be the first puncture that the Slime fixes.

I've not used this technique myself' date=' but I've seen the suggestion that you should get a hypodermic syringe and needle (from a chemist). Use the syringe to push the Slime into the tube. The small hole that the needle makes will be the first puncture that the Slime fixes. [/quote']

This is pretty much what I do, but no needle. I use a big 25ml syringe and put a small section of drinking straw over the nozzle. The other end of the straw goes over the valve.

I then remove the plunger and fill the syringe with sealant. Put the plunger back and push the sealant into the tyre.

I've tried captmeyhams method with no success!

The particles just clog the valve!

I don't see how the needle thing will work, cuz the particles won't fit thru....

But shot for replying!

I've tried captmeyhams method with no success!

The particles just clog the valve!

I don't see how the needle thing will work' date=' cuz the particles won't fit thru...[/quote']

I've also encountered this problem. There is a solution, but it's a bit fiddly. Let the piston fall down into the tube . You can then remove it completely from the valve by pinching it through the tube. Keep on holding it while you fill the tube;

The fiddly part comes in when you push the piston back into the valve. The really fiddly part comes in when you accidentally let go of the piston inside the tube.

Of course, the best solution would be to try and find Presta tubes with removeable valve cores (there are some out there).

change your sealant to soemthing more runny?

I've had success using a syringe (without a needle) and pushing down the valve piston, even with OKO.

I did make a bit of a mess at first, but now I can do it with hardly any spillage.

Most presta valves can be removed. If yours can't get ones that can. Remove the valve then use a syringe with a piece of rubber tubing (diameter small enough to fit over syringe tip and valve extension). If you are done blown some air in without the valve to remove sealing fro the threads and then screw valve back in. If you cannot remove the valve then unpopping a section of tyre is going to be easiest.

I presume this is for a tubeless tyre, and if so, just pour your slime into the tyre before completely getting the bead onto the rim.