Somone mentioned meltdown...

MJ the Expat

No worries machine will do it for you LOL

Silly question...are those things (MRI) magnets that powerfull all the time?

Yes they are. Once it is ON it is ON! There is no OFF button. Well, there is an EMERGENCY OFF button - and pressing it will cost you plenty! So it i really only for an emergency!

Take that picture of the gun stuck to the side of the magnet - or even the computer: You can not pull that off. FORGET IT!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does the MRI machine do? I am a bit medical term challenged ? 

Think of it as a x-ray machine - except there is NO radition and it is used for checking out soft tissues like brains, tummies, chest cavities, etc.

And it uses liqued helium - how does -273 degrees C grab you?

20100219_012439_DSC01459.JPG

THIS WAS IN JHB - GUN STUCK TO THE MAGNET. OKE TUNES ME HE DID NOT THINK THE GUN WAS MEGNETIC!!!

Is that the " in case you feel nervous button?"

Is that electromagnet powerful enough to prevent the revolver from discharging properly in the event of someone pulling the trigger (that is IF the trigger can actually be moved). I can't imagine, with such a magnetic force in play, that it would be possible to remove any bullets.

Think of it as a x-ray machine - except there is NO radition and it is used for checking out soft tissues like brains' date=' tummies, chest cavities, etc.

[/quote']

any relevance to the fact that -273 degrees C is absolute Zero according to thermodynamics?

Is that electromagnet powerful enough to prevent the revolver from discharging properly in the event of someone pulling the trigger (that is IF the trigger can actually be moved). I can't imagine' date=' with such a magnetic force in play, that it would be possible to remove any bullets.

[/quote']

Depends on the bullet, Lead for example has no magnetic properties.

OK. I never realised they made casings from lead too. Another thought...to empty the clip(or what would be the correct term for the revolving bullet receptacle?) you would need to "swing it open", which seems pretty impossible from where I'm sitting.

Think of it as a x-ray machine - except there is NO radition and it is used for checking out soft tissues like brains' date=' tummies, chest cavities, etc.

[/quote']

so MJ loves MTB...if there is no radiation..howcome pregnant woman can't take the scan...or is that the CT scan?

[/quote']

so MJ loves MTB...if there is no radiation..howcome pregnant woman can't take the scan...or is that the CT scan?

If you rub iron whORE the wrong way it becomes magnetic?

SwissVan2010-02-19 07:28:23

OK. I never realised they made casings from lead too. Another thought...to empty the clip(or what would be the correct term for the revolving bullet receptacle?) you would need to "swing it open"' date=' which seems pretty impossible from where I'm sitting.

[/quote']

Ok, my bad. I thought you meant would it stop the bullet from leaving the barrel. In that case no.

If the hammer and revolving bit is actually able to move (I doubt it), then I don't see how it wouldn't be able to fire.

Yes, sorry. I meant trying to remove the bullet & case whole. I doubt you would be able to move any metal component on that revolver though.

[/quote']

Are you pregnant? Embarrassed

No, you are thinking CT...CT scan emmits more radiation than an X-ray...But CT pictures are can see more!

any relevance to the fact that -273 degrees C is absolute Zero according to thermodynamics?

Also called 0 Kelvin. This stuff can really cool you down man. A LHe burn hurts more than a fire burn. Or even oil.

[/quote']

Are you pregnant? Embarrassed

No, you are thinking CT...CT scan emmits more radiation than an X-ray...But CT pictures are can see more!

ermmm..nooo  Embarrassed  ..well, I hope not. Embarrassed

I went for a CT scan last week.