Tyres for Epic

Guest coenie

Gobig, I have been riding with the mountain king / race king combo for the last year and half and really have a good ride. Tough tyres and good mileage.

What about a mountain king 2.2 race king 2.0 combo?

Yea that is a good combo....I have seen it in actionSmile

but I already have 2 Crossmarks and now I need one more tyre for my "training bike" The back one is now klaar....

So I was thinking, of putting the 2 crossmarks on the back of both and then I need a new one for the front....

Smile

The back one is now klaar....

Must be all those "power slides"

Smile

The "powerslides" was done when it was close to klaar anyway...so I just enoyed the last 20 km of the tread

Smile

nope' date=' UST.

When you are on day 6, almost mentally stuffed , you dont want to sit fixing punctures.

Go UST and have piece of mind.

Not me or you will really feel the weight difference.

Oh, come back and tell us. Passed Monday I post that I got it at R320 (excl vat) per UST from Chris Jr. So beat that price if you can.

check this: https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=76814&KW=320

.[/quote']

Chris Jnr is really cheap on the tyres then. The other guys I tried admitted they where not competitive on the Maxxis (at least they where honest and I appreciate that).

Going to see if I can ride this combo for the Argus MTB then (epic is still another year or ten for me LOL )

What is the general feeling of this tyre combination

Front Maxxis Monorail' date=' 2.1 UST
Back Maxxis Crosmark, 2.1 UST

Any comments?
[/quote']

Used Monorails for both in last year's Epic.  Zero issues.  Sludge a combo of OKO and Joe's.