Bellville/Durbanville MTB Thursday night rides???

MariusL

I was wondering if anyone knows where the group of MTB'ers meet in the CY area for their Thursday night rides? I've seen them a few times at about 19:15 riding down Old Oak towards the Bottelary - about 30+ riders.

I would like to join, just need details...

It's the ride with Willie Engelbrecht. We ride from his new WE Bike shop at the Spar shopping centre in Van Riebeekshof.

Routes vary but is usually around 70kms long, either out to Stellenbosch or sometimes around Durbanville (Malanshoogte, Contermanskloof etc).

Pace also varies from moderate to insane (for me at least).

Did about 75km's last night at 27km/h average

• 2 weeks later...

It's the ride with Willie Engelbrecht. We ride from his new WE Bike shop at the Spar shopping centre in Van Riebeekshof.

Routes vary but is usually around 70kms long' date=' either out to Stellenbosch or sometimes around Durbanville (Malanshoogte, Contermanskloof etc).

Pace also varies from moderate to insane (for me at least).

Did about 75km's last night at 27km/h average
[/quote']

Apparently, it's also known affectionately as "The Puke Ride" - prepare for pain...

Is it that bad then??? Confused

I've never done it. Just heard it was a pretty "balls to the wall" type of ride & some the guys riding it are very strong indeed.

Give it a go - apparently they regroup at the top of climbs when the crazy dudes put the hammer down.

Then tell us how it was Big%20smile

Is it that bad then??? Confused

I've never done it. Just heard it was a pretty "balls to the wall" type of ride & some the guys riding it are very strong indeed.

Give it a go - apparently they regroup at the top of climbs when the crazy dudes put the hammer down.

Then tell us how it was Big%20smile

No Guts, no glory... as they say...

I'll hopefully give it a go tomorrow evening, and let you know... I'll be the guinea pig Pig