Reitvlei Farm markings and trails

mark ellis

We rode at Reitvlei today for the first time, got some awesome trails there.

problem was the marking?? there seem to be different trails everywhere, some market some not, then guys were coming in opposite directions as well, when we asked if we were going the wrong way we were told there is no set direction.  but markings are pointing one way.

We would really like to ride here more often but would need somebody to show us some routes, we played around for a few hours but would like to be shown around, and hopefully miss the freaking mud section!!

do any of you ride there often and be willing to show us around a bit??

I was also at Rietvlei today and found the direction signage more than adequate.

One of the problems though is that because the National XC course generally runs against the directional arrows, people now ride the XC course the way it was setup for the Nationals which causes havoc for those who religiously stick to the correct directions.

some parts are not marked well, we followed the green route and at one stage the trail split in three directions, we took one that went up a decent little climb, but when you look back down the climb there were direction arrows for people coming down the same climb also marked in green, so we then though we had gone the wrong way.

great riding though, really enjoyed the foest sections

Hey Mark, I can understand some of your frustration I think...will get the guys to check that section, I think I know where you're talking.

But to my knowledge 99% of it is now marked correctly.

Hey Mark' date=' I can understand some of your frustration I think...will get the guys to check that section, I think I know where you're talking.

But to my knowledge 99% of it is now marked correctly.

[/quote']

thanks ww, it was as you come out the forest, thr trail splits in 3, we just tried all three which was fun,

great trails by the way!