who makes what

mark ellis

You can buy no name carbon frames off the internet for R5000.last year that frame was sold by a big brand name for R25000

Guest Big H

This always makes interesting reading....... you can expect some verrrry hoity toity and hysterical replies by suurtiete who cannot handle that their mega ZAR Italian Steed with a Spaghetti Groupset comes form the same factory as a Giant and Raleigh!!!!!!!! Teeee heeeee ...... I really find this amusing to see how these testosterone driven weenies try their best to show they are men too!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha very true, I was once told that Specialized comes out of the Merida factory and made the mistake of mentioning this to a Specilized salesman .....you would have thought I called his mother fat by the way he reacted!!!!

merida bought spaz a long time ago. they own the factory, but i dont think the spaz bikes come from the same production line as merida bikes

Does it actually matter?

The most important thing is materials and design, who cares who makes it, brand owners will write the spec for the product and get it made by the lowest bidder. Made in China/Taiwan etc is not a bad thing they have the best manufacturing plants in the world. The spec drives production, but the Chinese/Taiwanese suppliers have the efficiencies to bring cost down.

Guest Big H
Does it actually matter?

The most important thing is materials and design' date=' who cares who makes it, brand owners will write the spec for the product and get it made by the lowest bidder. Made in China/Taiwan etc is not a bad thing they have the best manufacturing plants in the world. The spec drives production, but the Chinese/Taiwanese suppliers have the efficiencies to bring cost down........ AND THE HUGE PROFITS MADE BY SELLING THESE CHEAPER FRAMES ARE POCKETED BY THE BRAND OWNERS, DISTRIBUTORS/IMPORTERS AND RETAILERS!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

I apologise for changing your posting but I think you should have mentioned it.

Manufacturers who sell bike at the lower costs are branded as selling bad quality or cheap quality bikes by the cycling public who is to stupid to acknowledge that their own Italian frame with Spaghetti groupset comes out of the same factory!!!!!!!!!

Only 3 bike manufactures, and all your frames come from either one of them...look at the ktm tt bike and the cervelo p3....um diffrent stickers....