Cycling rules and laws.

Nobody

From a previous post its seems that although we all think we are right when it comes to the laws, its a bit skewed to our own interpretations. It also showed that we do like to argue and fight each other and move away from the topic at hand.

I am not in the position to tell you how to ride as i am a learner myself. I know the basics, No helmet no ride, as a vehicle on the road i must obey ALL traffic laws. But to those of you out there that have taken it further and made their own rules such as "when i am on my bike you must all bow down and get off the road/track" No person is to blame for this as it seems not many people are willing to teach.

There is however a chance to teach every one of us rules.

Why didnt PPA/CSA place a rule booklet in the goodie bags at the Argus? (And at all races and shops?)

so true.. as a newbie i would love to get hold of such material.. we are 4 friends that have taken up cycling about 5 months ago we did the burger and the argus and there is no such material available.. if there is can some one direct people to it??

every sport has its own "thing" and ethics - like keeping left if your slower than the rest of the bunch, spitting at the back of the bunch and not in the middle of the field etc...

for the rest of it - act smart and use your head - like dont swerve all over the road. Dont take out your water bottle in the middle of the bunch and drop it. Dont ride in the middle of the road... basically general road rules for cars.

You'll learn all the little thingies along the way. Sometimes the hard way. Just be friendly and don't become a grumpy / I own the road / windgat guy  later on.

There is however a chance to teach every one of us rules.Why didnt PPA/CSA place a rule booklet in the goodie bags at the Argus? (And at all races and shops?)?

I think this is a brilliant idea! Don't think everyone will read it or actually adhere to it.

well ask PPA what they have done with the proposal to provide with each new bike sold, an instructional dvd illustrating rules of the road, good bunch riding technique, trail etiquette, bike handling tips and some general maintenance tips...

no it will never work because nobody will look at it.

thats the confidence they have in their brand!