look for bakkie in the POTHOLE

leon_pro

The road looks pretty new, Im guessing they just stuffed up and didnt compact enough, consider the drainage or build the drain under the road  correctly, and after a nice storm it all got washed away.

a similar event happened a couple of years ago on the road between Pofadder and Kakemas. The culvert are small for the general expected rainfall in the area and flashfloods then destroy the road like that. In this instance a whole taxi carrying migrant labourers to Sterkspruit at night went into the gap while the water was still running. Everyone perished.

So it happens and the photos are likely to be the real mckoy. I initially thought it was the same place again.

Guest Big H
If it happened at night' date=' there would have been no chance of seeing that hole coming! Ouch [/quote']

In the first photograph you will see a bypass on the left hand side of the picture. If the signage closing the road was in place the man was on the road illegally. If you look in the far distance of the road you will see some construction going on...... it looks like reaeling or asphalt work. There was most likely some maintenance ongoing on the road. Could be that the structure failed or got damaged during excessive rainfall.

To assume it is bad work is far fetched and typical of uninformed people who does not know squat about road construction and the affilliated practices.

...this dude "stole" the road

Someone stole the road, or at least a helluva big chunk of it. What does one do with a 10 meter square piece of road?