Cyclist knocked down on Hendrik Potgitier

quinton

People being irritated from roadworks is f all excuse to knocking people over or using the roads like irresponsible tossers.

We complain about potholes' date=' then bitch like spoilt kids when there are roadworks reapiring and upgrading.... go figure.

A lot of the problem extends to the way we behave on the road.
[/quote']

Point taken. only highlighted that people make stupid moves in traffic because they are irritated and frustrated.

Yes using the road like tossers is a problem which I acknowledge, just this morning saw a tosser trying to thank the guy behind for giving him a gap and not looking infront of him at traffic, one audi S3 driving straight into a Isuzu double cab, happend in a heart beat.

So yes all of you out there training try to do it in a controlled enviroment like a MTB course and stay off our dangerous roads, its becoming a death trap.

Sad news indeed. Has there been a marked increase in these incidents or are we all just more tuned to it and its getting more/quicker exposure?

I believe awareness around cyclists is much higher, hboli4.

The Think Bike Campaign has planted some good seeds of awareness.

And, surely, other initiaves as well.

With the Livestrong ambassador visiting South Africa, public and media awareness is also more heightened.

Sorry to hear about the rider that died today.

smiley18.gif

RIP ....

We are all also motorists when we off our bicycles ... be patient when driving your cars; accidents happen in a split second; do not regret your actions after the fact ... think twice before getting cross with Taxis; do not overtake a slow vehicle/truck on the left ... when there is a traffic jam, just exercise caution and patience; your life is much more worth than a rush!!! money can not replace your life and bring back someone back in poor judgement and hasty decisions.

Guest Big H

Has this been confirmed, have not seen anything in the news.

If this cyclist has gone...... rest in peace and condolences to the family.

The "Cyclists Code of Conduct" if done correctly and on a National level will bring nobody back but may just, just create a sense of awareness that can grow and become strong. Cyclists must start nurturing this idea to grow and embrace it when it happens.
Big H2010-03-20 14:15:01