Polar ir

mojo2

hi can i get any infra red donge to use with my polar or will only the polar one work

tnx

Mojo, yes if you are not running Vista as operating system. Should you use Vista, be prepared to hunt for an 2nd hand Vista compatible IRDA USB ADAPTER, or pay R495.00 for older stock at Sportsmans, Due South or Cape Union Mart. Otherwise the new stock will cost you closer to R700.00.

Happy hunting.

Mojo' date=' yes if you are not running Vista as operating system. Should you use Vista, be prepared to hunt for an 2nd hand Vista compatible IRDA USB ADAPTER, or pay R495.00 for older stock at Sportsmans, Due South or Cape Union Mart. Otherwise the new stock will cost you closer to R700.00.

?

Happy hunting.

?
[/quote']

100% pure BS.

I paid R200 for a regular, generic USD IR adapter on my Vistarse laptop, and that was considered "expensive" as they are as cheap as R70 if you get lucky.

The only issue that I have, and it's a small issue, which may be common to all USD IR adapters is that I have to remember which USB port I use it in, and always use the same port.

Mojo' date=' yes if you are not running Vista as operating system. Should you use Vista, be prepared to hunt for an 2nd hand Vista compatible IRDA USB ADAPTER, or pay R495.00 for older stock at Sportsmans, Due South or Cape Union Mart. Otherwise the new stock will cost you closer to R700.00.

Happy hunting.

[/quote']

100% pure BS.

I paid R200 for a regular, generic USD IR adapter on my Vistarse laptop, and that was considered "expensive" as they are as cheap as R70 if you get lucky.

The only issue that I have, and it's a small issue, which may be common to all USD IR adapters is that I have to remember which USB port I use it in, and always use the same port.

Who are you to say it is 100% BSAngryAngry.

It is the experience I had with one of the generic one's. Could not get it to work, eventually took it back to shop where I bought it from. NOT ONE of their techies could get it to work. (On my laptop, and also one of their laptops running Vista. They tested it on PC's running Windows 7 and XP, and it worked on them). One of the techies is a cyclist using Polar HRM, but with Polar IRDA. He also failed to get "MY" IRDA working. Could not even find a driver for it. He then told me that it is best to use Polar item as Vista gives problems with generic items.

If you do not agree with my statement, say that you have had a different experience, and leave it at that. Do not call other peoples statements/experiences BS.

Guest Big H

My cheep and cheerfull IR dongle has worked on XP Home, XP Professional, Vista Home, Win7 Beta, and now Win 7 Ultimate. Plug n play no hassles.

Wonder if the medical scheme will pay for this??????

20100328_093500_stupidity-medic.jpg

Guest Big H
I'll take two of the stupid pills for tomorrow morning....
Become an agent..... thank me when you are rich!!!!!!!

Who?are you to say it is 100% BS

Sorry, Wannabe, but I re-read your post (the one that I responded to), and yes, that post is indeed 100%, full-fat, leaded, caffeine-containing, industrial strength BS.

You left out the bit about your experience, and went and made a bald assertion. That assertion was incorrect and got called out. Had you explained about your experience in the first place, my response would have been completely different.