Cape Town MTB rides

pinkellsworth

I'm visting Cape Town in September and would appreciate some ideas on a nice 1/2 day or full day mountain bike ride within an hour's drive of Cape Town. I'm an intermediate rider looking for a scenic ride with single track and climbing, but not highly technical. Are there any nontouristy tour companies in Cape Town that lead this type of ride and have nice rental bikes?  Thanks in advance for any information. 

Guest Frail4Life

I'm visting Cape Town in September and would appreciate some ideas on a nice 1/2 day or full day mountain bike ride within an hour's drive of Cape Town. I'm an intermediate rider looking for a scenic ride with single track and climbing' date=' but not highly technical. Are there any nontouristy tour companies in Cape Town that lead this type of ride and have nice rental bikes?? Thanks in advance for any information.? [/quote']

Welcome.

I am in the Northern Suburb.

Yes there is some Clubs who offer good MTB trails and yes some Tour Companies offer day trips, will post reply to contacts.

Tygerberg, Northern Suburb

City, Edgemead

The Outriders, Table View

take a trip to lebanon and oak valley... (near grabouw) N2you`ll love it!!!!!!!!!

I concur.

Tokai is also beautiful, another very beautiful loop is Paarl rock - there is a lot of climbing, but the views (apparently) breathtaking.

Hi Pinkellsworth

Check out iRide Africa if you are interested in experiencing the best trails in the Cape Town area.

• 1 month later...

let me know when you are here. ill take you on a good ride in Coetzenburg and Jonkershoek with lots of single track. oh im in Stellenbosch.

Otherwise Contimans kloof just outside CT is awsome.

let me know when you are here. ill take you on a good ride in Coetzenburg and Jonkershoek with lots of single track. oh im in Stellenbosch.

Otherwise Contimans kloof just outside CT is awsome.

You should take Wheelz up on this one. There's some fantastic rides in The Stellenbosch mountain from Coetzenburg to the old shooting ranges above Paradyskloof !! But you need local knowledge !!Wink