Polar or NOT to Polar

capeofstorms

I am really happy with the quality and ease of use of Polar. What really sucks is that it is not compatible with Apple. If you have an Apple, you have to consider another HRM imo.

Guest Big H

Stuck my little old cheep and chearfull iRDA dongle in and it installed without any probem..... BTW I use Win7

polar service is excellent..

I have sent my RS200 watch for new battery twicw, and both times they replaced the whole casing/strap for free? i didnt complain?

I have used my Poalr from about 2003. No problems and the servicing was good.

Still got it but begining of April I got a Garmin Edge 500. My Polar only displayed my cadence, time and HR. I needed another cycle computer for speed and distance. With my Garmin I can see all that and more on one unit. I changed to the Garmin because of the possibility of getting a power meter within the next few months and it would be compatible with the Garmin.

Spare parts for example the elastic chest strap (which perishes from sweat) and the plastic watch strap (which I KNEW would break when I bought it- I even told the salesman it was going to happen - He shrugged his shoulders), are extremely expensive.

I also find the pick-up OFTEN does not work even though I wash, rinse etc etc religeously according to their instructions.