Am I looking at the right type of bikes??

mark ellis

I can honestly say the Zula is a great ride!!! Light if you spec it right, I had to choose between the Zula and the Volcan pro but in the end the Zula won.

If you are a pro and get your bikes free or have a lot of money to spend then the lightness of a carbon frame would be nice but for the rest I think the Zula is king!!

I can honestly say the Zula is a great ride!!! Light if you spec it right' date=' I had to choose between the Zula and the Volcan pro but in the end the Zula won.

If you are a pro and get your bikes free or have a lot of money to spend then the lightness of a carbon frame would be nice but for the rest I think the Zula is king!!
[/quote']

Good to hear, I am sold on the Zula, just busy puting together a build sheet now.

If you dont mind me asking, what spec did you build and what did it cost?

actually i checked and Frame weight difference is only 1kg so i suppose it depends if your a weight weenie or not.

Not really a ww, but I'd say 1kg just on the frame is a big difference - a liter of coke difference Smile

Zula:

XT crank, XT casette, X9 rear derailr, XO twist shifters, Elixir CR carbon brakes, ZTR rims with A2Z hubs, SID race fork, KCNC seatpost (red), egg beater twin TI pedals, ritchey superlogic handlebar. Bike weigh 11.3kg if the scale is right...

I would like to have a XTR crank and the Formula R1 brakes. I have to say I have heavy tyres on at the moment, if I have the XTR crank with the formula brakes it would be below 11kg. 

O sorry no I dont know what it cost I build it over from a hardtail so it was not done at once. 

I would get a giant trance x1 best value for money out there i had a xc bike then switched to the trance so much comfier and climbs like a goat and decents like a bomb. % inches of travel and u can ride it all day long.