Indexing issue

Domin8tr

I had ?similar? problem on my <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />SRAM force RD (road).  One day shifting is perfect, and then suddenly does not work.   Frustrated the hell out of me.  Day before  the Argus, while cleaning the bike, I noticed (by accident) that the RD has a lot of play.  Problem was that the RD was not properly tightened on the hanger.  After tightening the shifting worked like a dream.

Come on guys what good does it do suggesting SRAM - he just forked out for XT and needs some tech advice, not a course in buyers remorse. My O5 XT shifts great with dual control nogal, and is not that hard to adjust either... And an upgrade to a continuous cabe housing will also help all brands stay shifting perfectly.Headshot2010-05-12 03:52:42

i've also been having problems with indexing and today got gatvol, went to the LBS got new cables and housings as well as new jockey wheels as they had quite a bit of play, when i removed the old cables couldint belive the junk that came out of the old housing, the dirt had basically caked up inside a bit of the housing so no wonder shifting wasn't so great, re did the housing as continuous cabling, and man what a difference, shifting like a dream now.

so if you haven't changed your housings maybe give that a shot. i mean it cost me 50 bucks for 2m housing, which would be a really cheap fix compaired to getting a new derailer or shifters.

Ive got the same problem with my XT, hitting the nail on the head.

Bike is only two months old and has done it from the get go.

This kit is not even a month old. Took it back to the bike shop to get set again on tuesday. The mech who dailed it in again said it was the best he could do. Couldn't understand why it wasn't working properly cause its a straight forward system!! How lame is that!!!! Cycled on Wed and it's still dodgy!?

Can't deal with people who dish out those kind of excuses.?

Now to find a civilized mech to help me out. Any suggestions? In the Pretoria area??

well i can tell you who not to use, don't got to montana cycles, had a mate go their and got his bike serviced and gears set, i ended up setting them for his again so wouldn't suggest them, maybe give karsten cycles down zambezi a go, i find them very frindly and helpfull, havent had any work done there though so dont know to much bout their mechanics, but i'd rather go to a place with friendly service and people than a place with slightly better mechanics and a crap attitude towards their clients