Is Mountain Biking always so unorganised?

Muddy_Mike

The race was great . Who actualy cares if the race is longer or shorter . I am sure most of us are out there just to ride and enjoy a day away from work  . Some do it for gain . The avianto has some great riding . I carry zip ties in my pack at all times in case of any miss haps . One must be more prepared and organized for them selves . You Hubbers are a great bunch . Some good posts right here .

Thanks for listining  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you guys want to experience organized MTB races come to KZN and try some of the best organized events around.

Morning gents,

There will be good events and bad events. The bad ones will not be supported for too long and will fall by the way side leaving the races where the hosts have done their homework.

Regards

Sarge

if you guys want to experience organized MTB races come to KZN and try some of the best organized events around.

You got that right!

It appears that we even organize better road races here in KZN as i experienced first hand this past weekend in Gauteng.

Maybe we should take things into perspective here. The organisor made it clear that this was the first event ( see thread under Events). Even at the start they announced that we are the gunea pigs.

I think we have two routes to go here we can lambast the organisors for the mistakes they made or engage with them constructively to improve the event.

Personally, considering the importance of a good relationship with the landowners within the Cradle of Humankind I'm proposing the latter.

Muddy Mike. With regards to the Avianto race' date=' ....cut cut....

Let's look at some of the positives.

1. Value for money was excellent. There was free coffee and cookies etc... before the race.

2. Included in the entry fee was a T-Shirt, a free meal voucher for a Wors Roll, or Burger (Chicken or Beef) after the race.

3. There was no LATE entry fee (although you didn't get the shirt).

4. As you said, a lekker route (with no hold-ups).
[/quote']

Man!! is this for real???

I mean where else do you get such a great bargain???

I'll even cycle up from the WC to come and do this race....

Give them good constructive criticism...this has the makings of a great event...

The Avianto race was one hell of a bargain even with the little hiccups. Some people got lost on the second lap. Imagine doing something for a second time and getting it wrong. I will do it again in August, September and October. I hope they give discount if you do not want a t-shirt, I really do not need 3 more.