Magalies monster

KiNgL

I see the results are available on magaliesmonster.co.za.....my time 3:07 for 45km....much better than 2007 when I struggled for almost 5 hours!!!

THIS IS A MTB RACE!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great race - excellent goody bags - if one takes into account the price of a box of Pronutro x 2 and a shirt then the race was almost free Clap

I saw that some people got First accent waterbottels in their goodie bags. Was this only for the 75km?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This was my 4th race and I rode 45 km (and walked a couple of the rocky descents) and found it to be an amazing ride.  I did however find it to be more challenging than Babbas 35, Mokoyo 42 and Lion Man 35.

How technical is this ride?  This is with reference a previous thread about MTB becoming too technical and suggestions of a possible rating.  (www.thehubsa.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=85973)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maybe we can get a comparison going of different races?

Thanks to all the organisers for a great ride and I will be back next year for the 75km because 45km just not long enough to enjoy that amazing terrain!

Man its not called the "Monster" for nothing! The toughest 70km done to date. I battled from start to finish. Congrats to all the guys and girls that completed this MONSTER event!

Great race - excellent goody bags - if one takes into account the price of a box of Pronutro x 2 and a shirt then the race was almost free Clap

I saw that some people got First accent waterbottels in their goodie bags. Was this only for the 75km?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Nah one of our friends did the 20, and she got one. I wanted one too but hey, you can't complain about that goodie bag, very nice Big%20smile

Did the 45km and must say it was awesome, some of the best mountain biking I have ever done really tough going through mountain sanctuary but manageable and the last 20km or so were simply superb. And how was that little concrete bridge and the path through the trees and orange orchards, will definetly be back next year.

I really enjoyed the race as well. Will be back again for more next year!

I managed to record the GPS track and a video from a camera mounted on my handlebars. Those of you that did not take part in the race can have a look at: www.natureunexplored.com/magaliesmonster

The video doesn't show the thrill and excitement of the race, but it should give you a rough idea of what to expect...

renico2010-05-31 12:38:59

My wife and I decided to turn around and do the 40km instead of the 70km about 4km after the split. She was having a bad day, so there was no point in pushing it.

Whats funny, though, is that in spite of our notifying the time keepers when we finished, they still recorded my wife as having finished the 70km in 9th place!

Otherwise it was a great race.

Narra

My son was one "of the youngters" on the 45km (he won the race)He complained that when he asked for track it was not given, so had to go off line. he says that mid pack of the 75km and over 30,s would not let them past!!!!

Or as he put it as i came in broken from the 45km "The old farts must realize that they are too slow"

I had no problem with the "youngsters" leading the 45 passing me they made themselves heard I got out the way they were polite said thanks and those first few were really flying

Cant believe such a polite young gentleman would refer to us as old farts WinkLOL

Narra

My son was one "of the youngters" on the 45km (he won the race)He complained that when he asked for track it was not given' date=' so had to go off line. he says that mid pack of the 75km and over 30,s would not let them past!!!!

Or as he put it as i came in broken from the 45km "The old farts must realize that they are too slow"

[/quote']

He passed me on the uphill, then I passed him on the downhill.

He's not all that fast...
gtracing2010-06-01 13:21:08