Racetec....

nikki

fair enough bt the race was on a saterday and not?on a?sunday race tec is sh*t it gives me the wrong times and i dont no hw i should sort it out ...riding with my friend we started the same time same averages bt mine is like 27 wen it was 34 hw does that work and going over the finish line toghter wow it reali pisses me off!
A few points to resolving your pains: Full sentences. Complete words. Correct spelling. Punctuation. No obscenities. Politeness. Contact Racetec. Their email address and telephone number is available. On their website!Average speeds can differ for two riders covering the same distance in exactly the same total elapsed time. This is true especially with cycling computers where time spent at stand still are generally not factored into the equation where average speed then equates to distance divided by riding time.Business processes are business processes' date=' and things happening on a Sunday night / Monday morning will not miraculously start to happen earlier.Nothing will change between rolling over the timing mats, and the results being published on the internet! So just relax, recover from the race and keep the blood pressure down. The results will be taken into account for seeding purposes the earliest in four weeks time![/quote']

It does make me wonder though if they should run a 7 day open shop.

If they dont have enough staff to do that, then give them off during the week.

But most of the time, if there is a race on the weekend, most cyclists want to get home and see their results.

I get home, all amped because I had a great race. But now I dont know if I came 3 or 5 in the sprint and how much behind the winner we were etc.

To wait sometimes 3 days to get these results is really not lekker.

By the time they are up, I almost dont care about them anymore.

Even if they had to use 3G to upload the race results as it happens it would be fine if they went to the office on monday to sort out the crap then.

It is easy for anybody to see the invalid results so we could ignore that when we are looking at the results when we get home.

David, maybe we should add this to our list to the PPA?

I know it is a separate company, but I am sure the internal ties between the companies are so strong that we could motivate the change over there as well.

Mr Price MTB timing here in Natal, by the time you have ordered your first beer at the beer tent, you get an SMS with an unofficial time. By the time you get home from the race, the results are up on-line. Ag shame roadies....

Mr Price MTB timing here in Natal' date=' by the time you have ordered your first beer at the beer tent, you get an SMS with an unofficial time. By the time you get home from the race, the results are up on-line. Ag shame roadies....[/quote']

In fact the road races administered by ROAG (Mr Price Timing) also let you have a sms before you can open that 1st beer & detailed result on the website by the time you're home....

Not entirely sure what all the fuss is all about.  Is it really that important that you know your result minutes or hours after the event?  Surely you've got better things to do than - 'most cyclists want to get home and see their results.'

Racetec should just put up a notice stating that results will be available from 1-4 days after the event.

Guest Agteros

Some people sprint for some very important non-podium positions smiley2.gif Like 76, 458, 1003, 12231, or even 22313 in some of the bigger races.

I mean really! The audacity of the organisers and time keepers not to acknowledge these self important performances!Angry

LOL

How dare these people who cannot operate their own stop watches have to wait for the 'official' results! Wink

LOL

The computer on our tandem malfunctioned....we were going for a certain time and had no idea till last night around 11pm if we've actually achieved our goal or not...oh the torture to sit and wait for your results to appear !! Thank goodness when it was finally up ...we made our goal by more than a minute...phew !

Some people sprint for some very important non-podium positions smiley2.gif Like 76' date=' 458, 1003, 12231, or even 22313 in some of the bigger races.I mean really! The audacity of the organisers and time keepers not to acknowledge these self important performances!AngryLOLHow dare these people who cannot operate their own stop watches have to wait for the 'official' results! WinkLOL[/quote']

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

But in all seriousness though, sometimes I am sprinting for that 15 000th position and I want to brag to my homies how awesome my race was but it isnt going to have the same effect if I go to them a few days later with my wonderful news! smiley10.gif

I also like to know what the winning time was for the day.