Motorcycles vs bicycles

idrive

Guest coenie

Like he said 1 its the law' date=' and two ask yourself this question, how would you feel if 30 pedestrians just walked in the middle of the road holding up traffic?

My point is the location and the way the were riding, they really should not complain if they get taken out by a car, that is simply an accident waiting to happen. And there are better roads in that area they can easily avoid this dangerous behaviour
[/quote']

We should complain if we get taken out by a car.....we have a right to use the road also...just like the slow moving farm vehicles etc....so this is not an argument....

coenie i am not sure when last you drove into a tractor but i am pretty sure the tractor will win that fight.

Its your right to have that attitude "even though illegal" my advise is then simply please make sure your medical aid is on the best plan possible, your will is all setup at the laywers office, and all your life insurance is up to date.

At least that way your family will be taken care off becuase you felt you need to be reckless an prove a moot point.

Guest coenie

coenie i am not sure when last you drove into a tractor but i am pretty sure the tractor will win that fight.

Its your right to have that attitude "even though illegal" my advise is then simply please make sure your medical aid is on the best plan possible' date=' your will is all setup at the laywers office, and all your life insurance is up to date.

At least that way your family will be taken care off becuase you felt you need to be reckless an prove a moot point.
[/quote']

You are raving without understanding what I said....If we get hit by a car it is the cars fault....that is also the law...even if the cyclist were side by side...same if you hit a pedestrain from behind....

My point is we have the right to use the road....and your point is ???

yes we have the right to use the road aswell but why make a dangerous situation more dangerous. It's one thing to stand up for your rights, it's another to be stupid.

Guest coenie

I suggest you re read the legislation' date=' [/quote']

HAHAHA.....lets stop the hi-jack of the thread that was posted because some cyclist got hurt....

Let all say good luck to them with their recovery rather than blame them.....

Guest coenie

yes we have the right to use the road aswell but why make a dangerous situation more dangerous. It's one thing to stand up for your rights' date=' it's another to be stupid.[/quote']

In my mind this should be logical.....we should not make it dangerous....but people on the hub imediatly blame the cyclist....and then start with....why were they there....why did they not start MTB--ing etc.....

We have a right to use the road......how we do it is up to us....and we do not need attitude and blame from fellow hubbers.

rather support.

HI Guys

just a quick update on the motorcyclist for you. they all ride for the yamaha star riders club and go out for a cruiser run on most sundays. i work for yamaha and personally dont ride with cause i find the rides a bit boring. for instance if the speed limit is 120 they generally cruise at 100, not quite my style.

either way the motorcyclists name is Derek Steele and he sems to be ok, he broke hes leg just under the knee and is recovering well in krugersdorp private.

it is always a pitty to hear of accidents like this, and i suppose us as cyclists and motorcyclists need to be aware of each other at all times.

good luck to all those injured and i hope the recovery is a good one.

Brad is my cousin, he is currently in Milpark.

Seriously broken leg, but more concerning are the internal injuries. From what I understand after speaking to his brother they are operating this morning to acertain how serious the liver and kidney damage and spinal damage is.

Thereafter they will sort out the leg.

I didnt see him but I undertand that they had to spend a serious amount of time stiching up his buttocks (which is the worst) and parts of his face, particulary his chin.

I am sure I will find out how things went a little later and will post update

I dont know the other guy. davem, let me know if you want Brad's details.

Hope everyone gets better soon, laying in hospital, internal injuries, broken legs, very unfortunate. I came off my motorbike many years ago due to a truck and it was his fault, but at the end of the day it was my leg that was broken and the pain was mine to bear. The truck felt nothing!

I hope everyone gets well OK, and can return to their sports / hobbies and things that give them pleasure.

As for the whingeing about equal rights, I believe the Ride Of Silence turnout in Jhb was appaling. It could have been better in CT too. However, it was absolutely awesome to see all the cyclists obeying the rules, riding single file, and absolutely silent throughout, and never exceeding 20km/h over the 20km ride. All the drivers were respectful and gave us lots of space. Do as you would be done by.

I was with Dave coming across the scene of the accident. Not a good site to see. I did not want to stay to close with towing Nicholas for the first time after Ironman. Dave helped on the scene and I went to Teak Place to ask the medical crew to assist. I also contacted the police as well as some of the bikers, but the police did not show up, not even the flying squad. Do they still exist????????

We hope that all involved in the accident have a speedy recovery.

I ride bikes and motorcycles. I have found that there are lunatics doing both - BUT - the majority of guys that I meet or ride with are Gents.

We need to look out for each other - we are both very vulnerable to cars, taxis trucks etc.

It's very sad to hear about this accident and I really hope everyone heals up quickly and gets back on their bikesSmile