Wrong stuff from CRC, what now ?

Weight Weenie

So, got my long awaited order today (14kg box hehe) from crc for stuff I odered for my birthday.  Part of it was some WW Geax Barro Race tyres.

Nice tyres they seemed at 380g, until I got a pair of 29'' inch tyres for my 26" bike, eish ! Their label on the package says 26'' but the tyre is a 29'', so someone at CRC can neither read not label....

SO what can I do ? seems mailing/phoning is useless ive seen on threads ?

Maybe I should sell them. ELDRON/TARMAC Ive got some 485/495g 2.0 folding 29'' tyres for ya ;)

it's not useless calling or mailing them. I agree, it's a massive irritation not getting thru to them first time round, but given the market (the whole world), i reckon it's almost understandable.

But, send the email, and call them if they dont respond within 48hrs. Normally, you just have to send it back. they will replace it.?

But if you can swop it locally, via a buddy, or even an LBS withaclue, then you're golden either way.

I once got a wrong saddle from them, mailed them with a picture of the wrong part...then ordered the saddle that i wanted originally to speed things up so they shipped that and billed my cc. then I posted the wrong saddle back to them. Once they received it they refunded the 2nd order and paid back all the costs I incurred at the post office with the wrong saddle including the postage back to them.....

buy a 29er instead. Met Tarmac s'n gaan die gewig dieselfde bly.

Jy moet net jou bakkie of iets verkoop

Getting back to the topic, when CRC messed up my tyre order they sent the proper tyre when notified and told me to keep the incorrect one as it was too much PT to keep track of.

You fill in a form found on their website and post it back to them labeled 'failed sale' or something like that, procedure on the form. There are options to refund or supply correct goods, and they are quite good at handling returns like this.

Obviously if the parcel post (would be airmail) is going to cost a lot, might be easier to try sell them on the hub or elsewhere, even at a bit of a discount, do the maths.... ?

• 2 weeks later...

They will reimburse you the postage, albeit only their Royal Mail (read cheapest) shipping option cost.

Shame Weight Weenie, you've had a bit of a rough last couple of days. First the camera & GPS, now the wrong bits. Eish! Hope the rest of the 14kg box had the right nice birthday presents (and Happy Birthday, for whenever that was/is).

Had a problem with CRC last week where 2 items was not included in the package even though full payment was made. E-mailed them and they posted a new package with the two missing items so hopefully my new GP4000 tubbies will be here this week via Royal Mail. Service was not bad and fortunately the two items was not marked off on the invoice so scanned and mailed copy so they had no problems at all. Helps to study the paperwork and yes it seems as if they have a problem when it comes to packing and shipping........

My story:

Made an order towards the end of May. I used UPS and got the order delivered to the client where I was working at the time. This was fine because I was there to sign for the parcel and take delivery. However, the half-link chain that I ordered was the wrong colour when I opened the packaging, even though the CRC label on the box said it was black, it was in fact blue inside.

So I sent the chain back, with the necessary returns form, and a letter stating that they must NOT send the exchange to the original address, as I was no longer based at that client, and must use my PO Box address, which I have used for 3 orders in the past...

They posted the new item on the 4th of June, but by last Friday I still had not received anything, so I mailed CRC to ask which address they had used. They had posted the new parcel to the client's address, and said that they "can't post to PO Boxes". WTF!!!!

I now have no idea where my parcel is, as I don't know how my client deals with their post. I have asked one of my co-workers who is still at that address to check for me, but he can't find anything. I'm in the process of sorting this out with CRC and am sure they will just send me another, but it's annoying as I originally paid for UPS shipping to get my parts ASAP, but am now still waiting for the damn half-link chain :angry:

Thanks Le Turbo, ja this was a bit before the mugging but I've not attended to it yet. Bday was 25 may :)

Dubz they do post to po boxes, but if UPS was used they will only deliver to a physical adress.

Once they sent me a regular tyre instead of tubeless that I ordered. I e-mailed them with a photo of the incorrect tyre, they refunded the amount that I paid for the tubeless tyre to my credit card, and said that I could keep the wrong tyre for free. :)