Wrong stuff from CRC, what now ?

Weight Weenie

I went into my LBS the other day, i picked up the chain i was needing, then realised it was the wrong one!! So i put i down and picked up the one next to it, this was the right one!! I paid my money and left?

Hey guys,

Just a word of caution with respect to CRC. My brother and I have ordered from them a few times before. Make no mistake, their prices are good and you can definitely score a bargain, even with shipping, vat and custom duties added to your basket of goods.

However, if you plan on ordering general parts like saddles, tyres etc, you should be safe. Once you start ordering intricate service parts such as fork seals, bushings and complete fork/shock service kits, BEWARE!!

A month ago I ordered a complete service kit for my 2009 SiD World Cup fork and almost received the incorrect sized seals. The older fork had 28mm stanchions and the newer one(mine) has now got 32mm stanchions. I managed to cancel my order at the last minute owing to one of the service consultants investigating this issue further. According to the site, the kit I ordered will fit any SiD fork... Incorrect Im afraid!

Long and the short of it is, sometimes they spec certain things / parts for a brand of bike or component without actually knowing which model it is meant for. The sales people don't know, so they are basically a warehouse supplying goods with little or no product know how... Who know's if the sales people even ride bikes and know enough about the parts, since it is basically an internet store (E-Store).

Fortunately I was one up on them and after a series of e-mails and telephone calls it was established that my parts ordered would of been incorrect. They subsequently have updated their website with this info so that no one else falls victim to incorrect fork seal / bushing orders.

Hope this helps.

I went into my LBS the other day, i picked up the chain i was needing, then realised it was the wrong one!! So i put i down and picked up the one next to it, this was the right one!! I paid my money and left?

If only the LBS had reasonable prices then all of us would do that

Yes this is true, but for exchanged/returns they only use Royal Mail, not UPS, so they should have been able to send me the correct part the second time to my PO Box address. I used UPS for the original order, then sent the incorrect part back for exchange, told them to send it to my PO Box, but instead they sent it to the UPS address again, and I'm no longer working there!

:angry:

Thanks Le Turbo, ja this was a bit before the mugging but I've not attended to it yet. Bday was 25 may :)

Dubz they do post to po boxes, but if UPS was used they will only deliver to a physical adress.

If only the LBS had reasonable prices then all of us would do that

The chain was an Ultegra 6700... I paid R315 at LBS

CRC = R188

postage = R110.45

15% at customs etc. = R28.20

Total = R326??

2 week wait = priceless

wrong goods arrive = priceless

talk to your LBS

The chain was an Ultegra 6700... I paid R315 at LBS

CRC = R188

postage = R110.45

15% at customs etc. = R28.20

Total = R326??

2 week wait = priceless

wrong goods arrive = priceless

talk to your LBS

It is not always wrong.

It does not always take 2 weeks. My order last year took 4 days and was send Royal Mail.

It is 90% of the time cheaper.

And who orders a single item at a time? (bows his head and raises his hand as he waits for his grips to arrive).

no point in ordering a single chain form CRC....consumables like that should be bought from your LBS - nine times out of 10 the kit I get form CRC is stuff you can't get here - local shops just don't carry the range of goods that i like.......

Getting back to the topic, when CRC messed up my tyre order they sent the proper tyre when notified and told me to keep the incorrect one as it was too much PT to keep track of.

ja, a mate of mine ordered a custom built set of wheels from them, he specc'ed the colour hubs he wanted and for some odd reason they laced the wrong colour - they did post a replacement set of hubs at no charge and said he could keep the old ones...........

ah ok Dubz I see.

Ag Ill see if I want to bother with it, there was a guy who wanted to buy them but I;ve heard nothing back yet