EPIC BIKE

Berry

The deal is as follows. Some guys drive sedan, others 4x4s and other with their 10 year old student car. They all get them there. Some even throw in a full toolbox with jumpers, spotlight plus tyre plugs. Other take the car as is and drives it to each town - if anything breaks then he relies on other motorists or local mechanic in the town closest to him.

Some say holiday are expensive and that a week stay at the coast is R10k, other did it for less than R3k.

You decide which driver you are and what you want from the experience.

Personally, I'm self sufficient and make sure I'm not dependant on anyone. The biggest objective to me was to finish the race and I tried to eliminate as many uncertainties as possible because I invested 9 months of my time and money into 9 days.

Go hardtail if you're still young. Invest in good shock and wheelset, don't go below SLX components as the material actually change for the lower models and won't with stand the abuse.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal is as follows. Some guys drive sedan' date=' others 4x4s and other with their 10 year old student car. They all get them there. Some even throw in a full toolbox with jumpers, spotlight plus tyre plugs. Other take the car as is and drives it to each town - if anything breaks then he relies on other motorists or local mechanic in the town closest to him. LOL

Some say holiday are expensive and that a week stay at the coast is R10k, other did it for less than R3k.

You decide which driver you are and what you want from the experience.

Personally, I'm self sufficient and make sure I'm not dependant on anyone. The biggest objective to me was to finish the race and I tried to eliminate as many uncertainties as possible because I invested 9 months of my time and money into 9 days.

Go hardtail if you're still young. Invest in good shock and wheelset, don't go below SLX components as the material actually change for the lower models and won't with stand the abuse.

what is young i am still young i am 42 so do i need soft or can i go hardLOL
[/quote'] berry2010-06-14 09:31:51

MBUK's May edition sheds a lot of light on your question. I recommend you spend the R100 on the mag and read their comments.