Indwe for Insurance, CWC for Bicycles

MCDreyer

will get a quote. Thnx!

Fanie, let us know....I'm in the same boat as you!!

Sanatm for everything EXCEPT bike....that's with Outsurance...haven't had a claim yet.....but, should i be worried?

Indwe is brilliant, I insured my bike for R17 500 with them. Had an accident which detroyed the frame and tore the saddle. The quote for the damage was R15 000 (new frame, saddle and rebuild).

The same day that I submitted the quote to Indwe, their representative phoned me to say that he had contacted the bike shop himself to ascertain the price of a completely new bike. Because the repair was so close to the new price, he had decided to pay me for a whole new bike.

The money was in my account the following day. What's more, they never took the old bike from me, like other insurers would. So, I scored there too because the groupset, wheels etc were not even scratched in the accident.

All my other insurance is with them and I have had many quotes from other companies and nothing comes close to their prices

I've also recently moved to Indwe... firstly it's nice having one go to person - and not having to deal with call centres...

In the first month i moved to Indwe, I had a nasty fall. I called the broker, emailed her a quote of the damage (and she told me I have medical cover - which came in handy because Diskakery refused to pay the hospital bill). Submitted my quotes and hospital bill on the Tuesday morning... Thursday I got a call to say the money has been paid into my account. What a pleasure!

My bikes premiums are good - but I had to let Indwe take over my household and car insurance to get good rates for my bike.

Indwe all the way!

Has any one had a bad experience with Outsurance. I know a guy who claimed twice in one year for R50K plus both times and they paid out no problem.

I am asking because my insurance is currently with them.
canfan2010-06-15 02:11:02

Has any one had a bad experience with Outsurance. I know a guy who claimed twice in one year for R50K plus both times and they paid out no problem.

I am asking because my insurance is currently with them.

I was with them for about 5months, and then some or other idiot needed something to travel with after they broke into my house.  This was on a Thursday.  Money was in my account on Thursday the next week.  There was a lot of people who wanted to investigate, and you always think you did something wrong if they phone you again, but they did pay out for everything.

This is encouraging to hear!!

I still maintain...word of mouth is you best advertisment!!

But, i'm sure ther will also be bad stories - jus tas with every insurance company...it is the majority of people's experience that matters though..i.e more peeps happy than pissed off.

I got a quote today from Budget Insurane (the name actuallly alreday puts me off..this is not soemthing that one should skimp on!!) and they estimate is exactly half of what I'm currently paying....so, WTF now? Do I swop over or not?

From the reports here...I'll definately also give Indwe a call just to make sure ....