So I got mugged today...

Weight Weenie

ja I get vuilgoeds tips and that was stupid from my side BUT :

1) I didnt want to be and shouldnt have been there anyway, rainbow nation or not the cbd is no place for a white oke.

2) I dont know the area, had to use gps and had no time to put it away before parking, thus he saw it. 

3) phone was in my pocket, didnt want to leave it in the car for them to smash the window but i guess its easier just taking it from me then...

4) camera or camerabag, its very obvious to anyone what that is and yes I looked like a tourist, a few okes actually asked me where I was from when I was at the square taking pics. 

And ya it is bad that we have to be thankfull for not being hurt, that is BS. it shouldnt happen anyway !

On the positive atleast the local SAPS were helpfull when I had to report the case and I quickly cancelled the phone via MTN.  Its insured via Edgars so Ill see what happens there. 

Camera is business property and the insurance that gets paid about 5k a month for all our structures for around 7 years no, does not want to give us a cent. Thanks Santam, but I guess thats policy, screwed up as it is!

GPS is my loss, so we'll see if my dad has the balls to get me a new one or not, will probly have to buy my own one.  Not as if he is really sorry about what happened, that was the last thing he said to me. 

So will be keeping my CRKT close by now, see if they wanna try the Tanto blade, ha !

Thanks for the kind words guys, the thing that gets me though is when I updated my status on facebook, one of my lady friends has the audacity to tell me to that its not so bad and I shoul stop being so negative and stop looking for a reason to moan about SA etc.

What if it had happened to her, she would be freaking out ! FFS I would think she would support me and be glad Im ok, sy is nie `n vriendin se gat werd nie!

Think Im going to go delete her from facebook now...

WW.

Had to go to the Pta CBD to take pics of the ABSA building for his work' date=' cause he was pissed off at me and as I am on holiday he decided I was not allowed to sleep in and must go do this. 

So after driving in circles for a while with all the one-ways trying to get parking the 'friendly car guard' show me a spot and I park, put gps in cubby(difficult navigating there if you dont know the area), take camera and go take the photos.   

Get back to car and start getting in, dude comes over so I want to give him some change for his effort but he calls a buddy.  They basically stand in my door so I can't close it and no-one can see what's going on. 

Thus his buddy pulls a knife and demands I hand over cell phone, camera and gps. I do this but luckily in the action of putting my hands up I dropped my wallet so they didnt take that, I would really have been pissed If i had to go cancell my cards and get a new drivers liscence etc. 

So to my dad a big thanks, cut your nose to spite your face ! Thumbs%20Down 
[/quote']

Your old man should give you a snot klap for getting mugged and losing the gear

Sorry for you WW - I think you need to worry more about your family and friends than the robbers.Are you getting any sympathy over this?

Being threatened with a knife is helluva stressful. Losing stuff is no biggie; if i'd sent my son out and that had happened i'd blame myself & be grateful he wasnt hurt.

Suggest you get a pet that likes you unconditionally.

Big%20smile

Sorry for you WW - I think you need to worry more about your family and friends than the robbers.Are you getting any sympathy over this?

Being threatened with a knife is helluva stressful. Losing stuff is no biggie; if i'd sent my son out and that had happened i'd blame myself & be grateful he wasnt hurt.

Suggest you get a pet that likes you unconditionally.

Big%20smile

Cry

My son was held up at knife point on Fishermans Walk for his cell phone.

He asked the mugger if he minds if he takes out his sim card first.The oke said fine.....

Its not the end of the world

It is time for a short story since a lot of people are getting mugged with knifes...

About 4 years ago, I was the victim of a "farm attack". It was a friend's parents place and I looked after the pets while they were away.

So one day, I arrived on the farm, unlocked the front door and stepped inside. I saw a cupboard door open accross the halway. I walked across to it to go and close it. The f**ker was hiding behind an adjacent wall and as I stepped passed him, him came after me with a steak knife. Dunno why he chose a steak knive as there where big ass knives in the kitchen. Lickilly as he moved, he brushed against a painting hanging on the wall. This made me turn around...

He stabbed me through the left hand as I tried to keep him off me...I landed I right hook (on instinct mainly) right on his jaw und knocked him the hell out. He went down like a ton of bricks...

I didn't hang around to get his number...I just ran outa' the house, into the bakkie and sped off...

When the police arrived they found the knocked out guy still knocked out...He couldn't speak because he had a dislocated/broken? jaw. f**ker. My right hand was cut from the "vuishou" and my left hand lost all feelling in the middle finger.

I can still smell his stink ass to this day...

Point of this story is: Don't try and be hero. I later found out he had some friends waiting in the kitchen. They had guns...I was lucky...

You can outrun a knife. But you can't outrun a bullet.

Ja I have a dog, little Jack Russel called Tigger. 

Went straight to him and threw him his ball when I got home, always cheers me up :)

I did ask for the memory card, guy was holding the camera to me but the other one wanted the gps so I didnt have time to take it out

To be honest this type of thing happens so often people really get decencitized and just dont care until it happens to them.  He is my step dad and generally he is a nice guy but sometimes he does really act like a step dad

Well atleast some good news

My phone was insured by Hollard through edgars, went to buy a new gps on friday and decided to go check progress on the claim as well.

Dude said 2-3 weeks, but I got him to check anyway and it was aproved allready. not bad considering I claimed on monday and there was a public holiday in the week as well.

Only had to pay R150 excess and could get any phone up to 2k or pay in more, I was wanting to cancell it so good thing I hadnt !

Garsfontein SAPS were also friendly and helpfull, and cancelling the old phone and doind a sim swop was made easy by MTN, so atleast the criminals are not the only ones working