Bikes stolen

Buffwhack

What are the chances - but I need to vent.

My two road bikes were stolen from our house on Sunday afternoon, behind security gates. Walkerville area.

Merida Sivler 907 Ultergra 10 speed,Ultegra STI's Kysirium Elites, Conti Gators - Ladies Sella Italia, gel-flow black. Old Cateye wired compter with cadance pickup and magnet on the back wheel. Bike tool bag attachement still on saddle rails - one of those twist and turn ones. Shimano SPD's. Bars narrower to suit lady think they were around a 38 and FSA.Black bar tape. Pump holder with rubber bands still attached to seat post. Bike in very good condition.

Trek 2000 blue and silver frame with old 9sp Ultegra,Ulegra STI's shimano hubs, Alex rimms,COti Gators Shimano SPD's, Thomson Elite seat post, Sella Italia gel flex Ladies specific saddle Black. Bars again narrower, about 40 cm. Wireless computer, magnet on front wheel with the pick-up attachement on the right front fork. Good condition.

When we can get onto the computer at home I will post pics. But believe me my heart is broken. No Insurance. So I will be looking for a replacement and will post a message soon on WANTED.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffwhack.

Sorry to hear that. We got nailed a few times. Please feel free to contact me when ready. I am sure that we will be able to assist you with a great deal. I will let you have it at cost plus a small markup only because you do not have an insurance.

Same thing happened to me, just the hybrid thank heavens. They also took the front skewer for the Le Turbo for some reason, maybe they're building up a bike at home. Now I keep the bikes chained up together ... in the house. I'm also not insured - but then, most bikes cost less than a year's premiums so I don't see the point of it. Hope you find l-e-k-k-e-r replacements that make you even happier than the old bikes.

Sorry to hear about your bikes that went "walkies"...

Don't want to hijack your thread... but what happens to the stolen bikes? Surely most of our bikes are custom to a degree, and we'd be able to identify them if we spot them on the road... Is it possible that they are "exported"? Sold as parts?

Buffwhack.

Sorry to hear that. We got nailed a few times. Please feel free to contact me when ready. I am sure that we will be able to assist you with a great deal. I will let you have it at cost plus a small markup only because you do not have an insurance.

Chris,    Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpClapClapClapClap

Buffwhack.

Chris, guys like you give me hope!  Awesome to you. May it be returned 100fold!!ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

• 2 months later...

Hi

When you report a stolen bike, we send out an alert to the police, local bike shops, hospital and school security, and everyone who follows us on Twitter or Facebook. All of these people will be on the look-out for your bike and we will instantaneously notify the police as we receive updates on your stolen bike.

Hi

When you report a stolen bike, we send out an alert to the police, local bike shops, hospital and school security, and everyone who follows us on Twitter or Facebook. All of these people will be on the look-out for your bike and we will instantaneously notify the police as we receive updates on your stolen bike.

I don't want to come across as cynical. I just genuinely want to know how many bikes get recovered like this?

It's a start i suppose. And we need to start somewhere with thsi thorny issue.

I say, the more people that know the more eyers are there to look out for stolen bikes...problem is therte are so may - how do you rememebr them all???