Help Needed!!! With a Rolls Royce

Squirt

hi squirt,

contact Manny on +27825519497, he is the importer of selle san marco. I believe the Rolls is available on special order.

had one in the past, superb saddle. very comfortable.

cheers,

Jean-Luc

I Built a bike in 1985 with a brown rolls saddle.

but from memory, it had been already around since the late seventies.

Hey Squirt!

If you do manage to get your hands on one - keep the rest of us informed please...

As in price/time till delivery/some more pictures?

Please?

Thanks!

20070803_043305_SAD.JPGStill got the Rolls saddle on my Pinarello Treviso Sl built in 1989, this old stalion is used on my IDT.

20070803_043349_SL.JPG 

Team SL2007-08-03 04:34:06

Never use it. Big%20smile I use Webferret. It searches through 10 search engines simultaneously and I don't have to go through pages of results to find what I'm looking for - I merely scroll through the list of results. Friends have often commented that I can find things that they never can.

For anyone interested. It seems the recommended retail is around R 750. I got the information from DAD in Centurion.

I rode a San Marco Rolls from about '93 till I replaced it with a Fizik Arione last year. It didn't look great in the end, had seriously worn the leather on the sides, but it certainly was a comfy ride.

If you're struggling to get one, have a look at the Arione, I switched with no discomfort whatsoever.

The Price on Totalcycling.com is about 24 Pounds= R 360.00  I paid  about  R600.00 at Johnsons cycling 3 months ago for one.

And they  have been around a long time.   I have used the same basic shape Selle San Marco saddle since about 1970.  Maybe then the did not have the "Rolls"plate

Hey Jaws

Supersport Cycles distributes Selle Italia. I just looked on their pricelist and the Rolls is not listed. I think it is extinct and you'll have to look at old bike shops to find some new old stock somewhere. If you like the Rolls, the old Selle Italia Turbo circa 1980s, will also appeal to you. Some have the gold, others are sans bling. All my bikes have Turbos on them. Actually I lie, some of my bikes (3) have Turbos on them. They are compatible with me.