Dauphine Libre TT

uploads/PoisonIvy/images/2006-06-08_145111_13.jpguploads/PoisonIvy/images/2006-06-08_145221_12.jpg

uploads/PoisonIvy/images/2006-06-08_145025_11.jpg

Just saw that these 3 Americans took the TT places in the Dauphine Libre.  David Zabrizki won the 43 km TT in 49 km/h

Could be a bit to short for him, only about 7km's

Maybe the stronger ones like Hincapie

Ullrich hasn't even warmed up by then.....Cancellara is a good candidate for the shorter prologues....smileys/smiley2.gif

Know this is a little off topic, but noticed that Landis' bars look higher than his saddle. Isn't it a UCI rule that handle bar extensions have to be lower than the saddle? Know I had to lift my saddle and take out a few spacers to make my TT equipment roll in the other day.

Anybody shed some light on this.

Yeah, I know, my bars aren't much lower than my saddle as it is and with the TT bars on I had to move my saddle up quite a bit. Don't think the officials here will bend the rules for anyone, though.

As far as I know that should be illegal..but clearly there's a loop hole because he's been using it like that for a while!

The UCI inspectors singled him out for a full inspection and passed the bike after some deliberation. Not sure how he got around it but its been passed as legal.

Perhaps the fact that the base of his bars is still lower than the saddle but I am just surmising. It is a somewhat unique position that goes against the commonly accepted principle of how aero bars should be positioned (although its hard to argue with the times he is posting).

smileys/smiley7.gifNot only silly but for sure a NO GO! How do some seem to get around UCI rules and the rest get floored!