Paying VAT on overseas order

Flowta

So how did it go.?

Any issues.?

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to do it today :-(

Will be doing it tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot to let you guys know what happened.

Eventually got it sorted out, the guy signed up for paypal. (would've cost an extra R350 for a bank transfer)

Then I couldn't use the credit cards I already had loaded on for some reason.

Opened FNB account, loaded some cash, and got it done.

Now it is in the mail. Now I need to wait

Ok, went to the post office today to pick up another package and guess what was waiting for me? :)

Left Italy on the 13th and picked up at the post office on the 20th, I think that's pretty good.

Also no tax on it. :D

Saw an envelope with the invoice in it, picked it up and it was a little heavy. Opened it up and he had included a SS sprocket keyring.

Will definately get from this guy again

post-3441-039642600 1279631723.jpg

post-3441-097158400 1279631746.jpg

Just remember the SA VAT is calculated on the foreign amount (probably Euro) multiplied by the SARS exchange rate to obatin a Rand amount. 10% is added to this Rand value and then the 14% VAT is calculated on this amount. There is also a handling fee of R30 (if I remember correctly).

Just remember the SA VAT is calculated on the foreign amount (probably Euro) multiplied by the SARS exchange rate to obatin a Rand amount. 10% is added to this Rand value and then the 14% VAT is calculated on this amount. There is also a handling fee of R30 (if I remember correctly).

Didn't pay any tax at all on the chainrings. Just picked them up at the post office. (must have slipped through the cracks)

Paid around 14 or 15% on the 2 packages I picked up from CAPEMAIL centre today. and some other amount for a package I picked up from Postnet (much less the 14%)

No handling fee on anything. I think it is only if they open the package that a handling fee will be charged