Tread Magazine reveals Silverback's New Moves..

Evolution

There you Go! Constructive feedback. Now if I may ask, which Model Year Mercury did you test?

The Reason I ask, MorewoodMad is due to the fact, that there is now not a PRODUCT on the market that does not get market Tested for Feedback and that is 100% Flawless from the start. I used to see some of Morewoods very first Models and it was not Flawless, why do you think any new Bicycle model in the Market, especially on High end, does NOT get MASS produced? They are Testing the Bikes to see how they react in Different circumstances. Every person has a different Riding Style and need and NO machine test can simulate that, the best way to test it, is Market Testing. This is what is done, although it does not get Recognized as such.

I also know for a fact that if you have ridden the Very first Mercury, you would have the comment you have, but a lot off water and knowledge has flown into the Silverback Ocean since then and they have Tightened up the Design tolerances and Lighten the frame. The Latest Generation 3 Frame is 250grams Lighter. With-out Sacrificing Frame Strength or Durability.

I'm not Trying to change your mind, you are a Morewood Man, and Morewood has got Good Suspension Designs, and I bet you he didn't wake up one morning and said that he is now going to design the best bike and did it, He made error's and he learned from it. If this was 7 year down the Line then all your comment would make sense, then at least the playing field would have been equal,but at this stage it is all wining for SILVERBACK and you can't disagree with that. So I guess what I'm Saying is a TATA is a TATA, but if the TATA does not Believe or Strive to be Better than a Ferrari he never Will be, but the SILVERBACK is not Slowing down, that I can assure you.

Silverback as a brand and a Entity in the market has shown that it wants to Lead and every year they are getting Better and better, this is why now they get compared against the liking of Morewood & Giant and other big brands, and face the Fact 3 year old Suspension System matched against 50+ year off Suspension technology from the other brands. You do the math on this one.

I think it was the 2010 model. I am not an engineer, but I think you would get a better suspension system ih the rear shock and top stay was aligned at 180Deg (a straight line). Much easier to set up and less stress on the system. The 2010 model had what looked like a 15deg angle between the shock and the top stay. I also think that SRAM makes better (and cheaper to service/replace) components than Shimano. So consider a SRAM spec as well if you have not done so yet.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not what you would call a racing snake. But i have owned a 2010 Silverback Phoenix HT for about 2 months, paid roughly 5,500 for it. It comes with hydraulic disk brakes, Suntour Fork (same one as the Giant Terago) Deore components, CST tyres etc. And even though i have not been winning any races I have been passing many riders standing next to the road looking at what what you may call (Better known brands) and fixing all types of problems. My bike until know has had 2 punctures. That's it.

My point is this. I think almost half of us weekend warriors think that better known bikes will make us faster, when in fact the only thing that really makes u faster at recreational level are your legs.

All of this resulted in me having a look at the SB site - impressive!

I'm also looking right now - but Joggie, two spelling mistakes already: "return to the hompage (homepage)" and "scroll accross (across) for specs". Isn't the Neutron more a Commuter than a Cruiser? Actually, I quite like the Casablanca as a "watcha lookin at dawg, you lookin' at me?" statement; a bit Schwinn ...

Which reminds me, this thread was originally about Silverback's new moves, not the size of the welds or the inherent status thereof. For myself: at least I'm not a snob, you can ask anyone. Well, anyone who matters.

I blame tim never mess with my kids my girl my dogs or my bike, not necesarrily in that order :angry: but you get the idea :D

This is fun. GT bikes are crap too.

I agree with you 100%

I saw one with the sticker on the down tube all crooked, terrible build quality, all chunky... :D

my last 2 cents to this topic, certain brands appeal to certain riders, just as some people like toyota's and some like hyundai's or bmw and merc.

I doubt Silverback would still be around if they made crap bikes. My comment earlier about build quality was not correct and I should have used "cosmetic finishing", so I appoligise for that. maybe it was just the two that I saw.

I think for a south african company to come to the party and sponsor a team is something to be applauded! if certain members on that team doped that has NOTHING to do with the bikes they ride.

OMW Mr Ellis speaketh sense :D each to his own, and although people have their own ideas an phylosophies, I would prefer if people made statments based on fact rather than their own perceptions or preconceived ideas.

And yes I do also agree SB is not always the prettiest bike, but then again SABURU dont make pretty cars either. But they get the job done and they get it done well.