Silverback Mercury 2

dracaena

Not wanting to distract anyone from the bun fight but ...

I bought a Silverback Mercury 2 a year ago almost and have been quite happy with it.

When you buy a bike you basically buy the frame as I see it as all the rest of it is Rockshocks and Fox Shocks and Shimano this and that which all the bikes have in any case and it all breaks after a while ... and you replace as you see fit.

The frame seems really solid to me, not too heavy, the rear suspension mechanism is fine, my arse is in one piece after a year and I still have a sex life so something must be OK with it.

My only real problem came when I fell off it :-(

Oh, and I paid R20k for it in August 2009 from a FPC store, for R10k right now I would buy two and keep one for my Golden Years when the first one has broken.

And by the way I don't work for Silverback or a bike shop of the FBI or Interpol.

Yours independently,

T.

Thanks for this. Makes me feel even better about my purchase.

Still getting used to "sitting inside" the dual suspension. Am used to sitting on top of a hard tail.

Going to test mine out at Jonkershoek on Sunday.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this. Makes me feel even better about my purchase.

Still getting used to "sitting inside" the dual suspension. Am used to sitting on top of a hard tail.

Going to test mine out at Jonkershoek on Sunday.

give us a pm my girl gonna kick my ass up jonkers on sunday as well

Dear Dracaena

Thank-you so much for putting those last four words as well as the "BUT" in capital letters. I really may have missed them otherwise and it does help to drive your message home. When I read your post I found that I involuntarily shouted out those five words. My girlfriend didn't even notice the shouting as she assumed it to be part of my Tourette's Syndrome.

My hearty congratulations on your 120 posts and may there be many more. I will now desist at blindly and viciously attacking you and others. I will in future complete a thorough research project before each post to be more like Covey. In fact I am already on post 37 of 120 in my in-depth study of your Hub persona.

Many thanks to you for helping me to see the light and to become a better person.

Love Tim

thanks for the mention i feel super important now, ps please spell my nick right before i develop a complex

now joggie or johan must just send me that mercury 1 frame so that i can test it indefitnitly for them :D errm 2 frames or my girl will kill my ass

Slow down covie babe - our fellow hubbers are gonna think I spend every day kickin' ya ass for some reason..... :rolleyes: yum