Silverback Mercury 2

dracaena

Got the mail below via a cycle shop mailing list. My question is, any reason NOT to buy this brute? I mean come on, they sold them for R18000 last year.

This is surely a bargain? Or is there something else NEW that one can buy for this price?

A FULLY EQUIPPED FULL SUSPENSION FOR UNDER 10K?

Silverback has just landed the 2010 version of the Mercury 2.

XT REAR DER.

SLX FRON DER.

DEORE HOLLOW CRANK

SHIMANO BRAKES

SLX SHIFTERS

FOX FLOAT R REAR SHOCK

ROCKSHOX AIR TORA FRONT FORK

SHIMANO MT15 RIMS AND HUBS

WTB PROWLER TYRES

SHIMANO SPD PEDALS

ANODIZED SUSPENSION PIVOT POINTS

This bike is stunning and is 100% the best value on the market. All this spec. for just R9,999! Hurry there are limited numbers of these bikes. Why pay R3-4,000 on another brand with similar spec?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the mail below via a cycle shop mailing list. My question is, any reason NOT to buy this brute? I mean come on, they sold them for R18000 last year.

This is surely a bargain? Or is there something else NEW that one can buy for this price?

A FULLY EQUIPPED FULL SUSPENSION FOR UNDER 10K?

Silverback has just landed the 2010 version of the Mercury 2.

XT REAR DER.

SLX FRON DER.

DEORE HOLLOW CRANK

SHIMANO BRAKES

SLX SHIFTERS

FOX FLOAT R REAR SHOCK

ROCKSHOX AIR TORA FRONT FORK

SHIMANO MT15 RIMS AND HUBS

WTB PROWLER TYRES

SHIMANO SPD PEDALS

ANODIZED SUSPENSION PIVOT POINTS

This bike is stunning and is 100% the best value on the market. All this spec. for just R9,999! Hurry there are limited numbers of these bikes. Why pay R3-4,000 on another brand with similar spec?

Whick cycle shop mail is this?

The only thing I'm not 100% sold on, on the abouve spec is the Tora.

I do suppose it's a step up from Dart AND it's air...

You can't have your cake and eat it ne...

As for the rest, it looks and sounds like a very good deal.

My crystal ball sees a wheelset upgrade in your future too :P

If your LBS stocks Silverback, they should be able to match this price.

Got this mail originally from www.cyclefactory.co.za.

So I mailed my LBS (Life Cycles in Parklands) and Corne said they can match it.

There you go :-)

Anyone got apicture of this bike, im keen to get myself one. Also maybe some more details like weight and dimensions.

Got mine on Saturday.

Have only done 2 rides, so cannot rate it fully, but I think I would still have been happy if I paid R18 000 for it.

I LIKE.

Nice bike, last year even the mercury 3 was only below 12Khttp://www.silverback.co.za/int_site/specs/mercury_2.jpg

Spotted! More Silverback propaganda. Becoming trendy it seems. If we all buy one will you stop?

Spotted! More Silverback propaganda. Becoming trendy it seems. If we all buy one will you stop?

<Sigh> - Same thoughts here. Reminds me of those mid 80's Omo adds where the house wives hold up their laundry to each other to show how clean their Omo makes their laundry.

Still wondering why it bugs people when someone posts a really good deal? Maybe SB should just raise its prices 3 fold then it will instantly be considered a class leader and a superb quality bike by bike snobs. If you dont like these threads then dont comment on them. Nobody is forcing you timmy.

Guess it gets up peoples noses when Silverback employees pose as satisfied customers. State your intention clearly and honestly when you post and people won't rip the brand to shreds.

How unreal is this price?! Their stock has probably run out already.... (Have used that mercury for a weekend, good bike)