My challenge to Buycycle

meerkat

My 2c worth....

How often do a customer have a problem/warranty issue with his purchase? 5% of the time? You are making an assumption that EVERY purchase is going to have such an issue (therfore one need to be in close poximity of the dealer /distributor to get this exchanged).

Surely not!!

So the warrantee issue vs the money saved is flawed in a sense...

To me is it the bottom line that counts - most bang for my bucks...and LBS cannot provide that (yet, at least)

How often do a customer have a problem/warranty issue with his purchase? 5% of the time? You are making an assumption that EVERY purchase is going to have such an issue (therfore one need to be in close poximity of the dealer /distributor to get this exchanged).

Surely not!!

So the warrantee issue vs the money saved is flawed in a sense...

Basic risk assesment.

Expected cost of warranty = probability of warranty breakage x (cost of inconvenience + cost of replacement or repair)

For certain items like Campag parts this cost is so low that it's definitely worthwhile to buy oversees. For other items like Bell helmets (with local crash replacement policy) the chance of breaking it during the policy period is pretty high, so it's worthwhile to buy local.

• 1 month later...

Bring on the parallel and grey imports.

My mate had a problem with his Shimano XT r/d, took it too his lbs, who charged him R1600 to replace it.

If you shop online at local internet shops, they are +-R650, hmmmmmm, does not take a rocket scientist to realise we are being ripped off and guys are lining their pockets.

I am in sales.....the way to make money is by reducing margings and increasing output.

You will definitly not sell for me !

+1.

Drop prices, sell more!!! I think that sentiment went out in 1975.

It's all about value and let's face it - none of us ride steel hyperama specials...

+1.

Drop prices, sell more!!! I think that sentiment went out in 1975.

It's all about value and let's face it - none of us ride steel hyperama specials...

But buycycles prices are terrific!