Rudy Project Rydon - clear photochromic lens

Guest Iron

Anyone out there using a pair of these with the photochromic lenses. What they like and do the tint ( change colour ) well. Im interested in a pair for road and Mtb.

Thanks

Anyone out there using a pair of these with the photochromic lenses. What they like and do the tint ( change colour ) well. Im interested in a pair for road and Mtb.

Thanks

They are the best pair of sunglasses I have owned they do go darker in the sun and in the dark they go clear and you don't even notice you have them on. Thats my 2c

Been using them for over a year and very happy. Very light and comfortable. No scratches yet either. They tint really well. Just bear in mind that although they go from dark to light reasonably quickly they don't instantly change, none do, when you enter a forest. All in all an excellent product.

Thanks

You can't go wrong. There is a promotion at the moment on these where you get a Rydon with these photochromic clear lenses with extra set of smoke lenses (FOC) and extra Rudy Project helmet (also FOC) - it is promoted on www.buycycle.co.za (you can see more info on this at www.asgsport.co.za)

Another option I looked at was the new Rudy Project SWIFT (see banner ad on the Hub) - it is being launched for R1290 incl (also with these same lenses) - again, look at www.asgsport.co.za (follow the "current ads and promos" link).

Also check out www.bikewear.co.za for pricing on these models.

Good luck.

...extra smoke lenses are nice for driving your car (clear lenses are UV activated and your windscreen has a UV filter if it is not older than 2 decades :))...

Just bought myself a set of these today and although I haven't ridden with them yet they look and feel fantastic. And the photochromatic lenses work very well.

I love them. Also have a pair of Oakleys and swap to them only in one condition - if it's quite thick mist or rainy. For me, the Rudy's seem to attract moisture - or am I the only one with that issue?

Apart from that, the most comfortable frame, great lens, you don't notice it changing colour. I have light-sensitive eyes and never felt it to be too light. Luv it!

But ja, I drive with other sunglasses after my first ride back from a race, realising I may as well not have had anything on (with the lack of UV activation a) behind the windscreen and B) in the shade of the car... :P

Also want to add to the thumbs-ups here. Had mine for a coupla months ago, and they've survived my many, many crashes. Great glasses.

i want to invest in a pair soon, and just want to know if the color of lenses matter?

i also want to know is it safe to buy from this site? buycycle.co.za and what if the glasses dont fit properly?

any advise please?

thank you

You can always drop into a LBS and fit them. But they bend/are adjustable on so many places, it's almost impossible not to get them to fit properly...

Damn you guys! You've convinced me to buy a pair :) Been wanting a pair for ages. My current glasses are kind of falling apart... good excuse?

Well thanks all , the feed back on these is way on the positive side. thanks to for the website tips .

You can't go wrong. There is a promotion at the moment on these where you get a Rydon with these photochromic clear lenses with extra set of smoke lenses (FOC) and extra Rudy Project helmet (also FOC) - it is promoted on www.buycycle.co.za (you can see more info on this at www.asgsport.co.za)

Another option I looked at was the new Rudy Project SWIFT (see banner ad on the Hub) - it is being launched for R1290 incl (also with these same lenses) - again, look at www.asgsport.co.za (follow the "current ads and promos" link).

Also check out www.bikewear.co.za for pricing on these models.

Good luck.

is this the same deal/thing as on asgsport?: http://www.buycycle.co.za/buygear/eyewear/rudy-project-en/rudy-project-rydon-impactx-free-zuma-helmet-and-a-set-smoke-lenses-rudy-project.html