LUCKY TO LIVE IN BLOEM

Vetseun

I know everybody makes fun of us people living in Bloemfontein. Ja there is not much happening here, but for cyclists we are very very lucky. Within 5 minutes of my house I can be in the veld on my MTB. Take for instance Thursday night. A group of us did a 80m night ride. Our route takes us through a game farm so there is plenty to see day or night. Another route takes us through a lion farm. We are able to do a 160km ride all on dirt roads and single track. Within 2 km from my house is the 7 dams conservation area. Here you can ride numerous trails and all are very testing with lots of technical sections. We are also very lucky that we are able to ride alone, bikejacking is unheard of. I spoke to friend in JHB the other day, he has to load his mtb in the car and travel to do a decent off road ride. When I ride my road bike I feel safe as traffic is not really a big issue. So at the end of the day Bloem is actually a pretty cool place to live if you enjoy cycling.

. Take for instance Thursday night. A group of us did a 80m night ride. . I spoke to friend in JHB the other day, he has to load his mtb in the car and travel to do a decent off road ride.

Thats cause he probably wants to ride more than 80m.

The frikken k on my keyboard gets stuck. The only thing that will happen in 80m is that Ill drop you.

Ek het grootgeword op Bfn en al wat ek nie laaik van die plek sover dit MTB'ing aangaan, is die races in en om Bfn is min. Bitter min.

Hier in GP is daar omtrent elke naweek erens 'n race.

Vrystaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

The frikken k on my keyboard gets stuck. The only thing that will happen in 80m is that Ill drop you.

The "K" does not get stuck on the keyboards in JHB though! :D

You are deffinately lucky, If I want to ride I got to load and drive 40km! unless I want to ride at MTN cycle park which is about as much fun as riding around my lounge!

stayed in PMB when I was young and could ride out my gate and staight into the forrest of Cascades....ah....bliss!!

another good thing you got in Bloem is bike shops who have good prices and want customers, not like the jHB shops (well most of them)

mmmmm.....

Riding through a lions den sounds a bit too exciting.

Meals on wheels may be the right term!

I am happy in cape town thanks!

We have the best of all worlds here.

A group of us did a 80m night ride. Our route takes us through a game farm so there is plenty to see day or night.

Interesting...how long does it take you guys to do that 80km night ride?

Good opportunity for those thiefs to start getting new bikes then, I would not warn them let them stay there in JHB

The night ride started at 18h00 and I was back home at 21h15.

We now have a weekly Wednesday evening night ride. Sharpens the skills for the Baviaans etc

I did my basic training in Bloem in the army. I might have liked living there, but all I can remember about it is having to shower outside in icy water in the middle of winter.

That Kinda blocks everything else.! :D

I did my basic training in Bloem in the army. I might have liked living there, but all I can remember about it is having to shower outside in icy water in the middle of winter.

That Kinda blocks everything else.! :D

Funny how that type of thing can put you off a place for life....for the same reasons I have not been back to Bethlehem since 1977.....

Hoekom is die Vrystaters se gesigte op Maandae stukkend???????

.................Hulle eet Sondae met mes en vurk!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm moving to Bloem in December 2011. Just in time for the end of the world in 2012. Everybody knows that things only happen in Bloem 10 years after the rest of the country.