Pathetic SAS

chuck

I still think that Carla should ban him from all SAS / SS timed events and report him to CSA or his provincial cycling body.

We don't need the filth in the sport. Maybe chuck's behavior will change when he is not allowed to participate in most local races.

Unicycle, reading this thread I can understand how you can come to the conclusion that Chuck went overboard and that Carla's response is both courteous and professional. It is also reasonable to expect Chuck to apologise as suggested by Bergbok based on the information in this thread. But I am not covinced that I have the complete picture as I have not been privy to all the correspondence between the two parties and therefore cannot jump to the conclusion that there is a guilty party in terms of the service.

I prefer to deal with the facts and it is true that Chuck launched a rather personal attack on Saseeding, it is important to note that he did not name Carla in person. I agree that Chuck could have got his message across without the vitriol and it is up to Chuck to decide within his own value system whether an apology (for the vitriol) to Saseeding is in order or not. My own values would have me apologising but perhaps this does not work for Chuck. However, my view of Chuck and his posts will forever be dictated by whether he apologised or not. As is the case with many of those who resort to insulting those with views that differ from their own I simply ignore them as they are persons that do not share my values and therefore cannot impact positively on my life.

Banning Chuck would start quite an interesting dilemma because if Chuck's behaviour is unacceptable what about all the others that resort to vitriol, should they also be banned? and who decides what is acceptable? If the prevailing theme be that insulting others is acceptable then we could follow Vanniri example and go to another website but my guess is that the problem will follow you.

I believe that Bergbok has got it right he in placing the obligation on Chuck to do the right thing. So, over to you Chuck.

I was actually going to let this post die a slow death but it seems as if somebody is waiting for me to do something. I'll just post this reply and then gladly ban myself.

1) I don't really care who the face/s behind a service provider is, if I feel I have reached a point where I have done everything a reasonable person is expected to do then I will air my opinion in a public forum. The fact that this is a lady seemed to really get the emotions going. Tuff ****. It was never a personal attack on her.

2) I did not just wake up and decide hey let's dish SAS today. Point in case - I have been trying to get my problem fixed since SAS was pushed on all at the beginning of the year. I have tried emails, query index link on site, contact link on site and also in person every single time I picked up my sticker. They won't recall the personal interaction as I have no issues with a problem in a system, I have a problem when a simple problem is not resolved. Oh I might be wrong, I believe on the last pickup I did talk loud and Fritz Pienaar actually said something about them addressing problem (can't recall the exact conversation). I'm still mystified as to why only my very first and very last email was responded to. Everything inbetween just disappeared? I'm not talking about 1 or 2 email. Will most probably never get an answer for this but where my polite little emails got nothing done my biting post did.

3) The problem is very elementary, to the point that it is basic IT stuff they teach at school and to this day nobody has provided me with a simple answer to my simple question - how do you design a DB that allows duplicate entries for values with enough unique attributes to implement foreign keys and contraints? The response from SAS is that I unfairly attached their system and that it is not a system problem. REALLY it must be the fairies then.

To summarize - I attacked a dysfuntional system and those who designed it because in months they could not resolve my problem. Even if I was told to f off because that is the way it is but if I say nothing was done I mean nothing.

So Bergbok you did, and won't see an apology because I don't own one (yes I know it speak of my character)

Uniball well sorry to hear about your ****. If you really feel so strongly about teaching me anything you can communicate with me on threeships (at) webmail dot co dot za and maybe we can meet up

Blackie you clearly registered to defend the ladies honour. It's just such a pity that it has absolutely nothing to do with this lady, or any other lady. Such a wasted effort but I'm sure she appreciated it. Don't know her but I'm sure she's very nice (the system remains crap)

Well there you go. I'm now officially banned so please stop wasting hub real estate to tell me what you think my moral ethics should be. Rather spend the time asking how much it weighs, that it is cheaper somewhere else and in general just talking ****. Any comments about me or my character will gladly be taken off line at the above mentioned email address.

If you checked my date of registry you'll find I've joined a while ago....

You use such sweet words in the Forum, why then do you reply like this to me in person!!??

(and I quote)

I was actually going to let this post die a slow death but it seems as if somebody is waiting for me to do something. I'll just post this reply and then gladly ban myself.

1) I don't really care who the face/s behind a service provider is, if I feel I have reached a point where I have done everything a reasonable person is expected to do then I will air my opinion in a public forum. The fact that this is a lady seemed to really get the emotions going. Tuff ****. It was never a personal attack on her.

2) I did not just wake up and decide hey let's dish SAS today. Point in case - I have been trying to get my problem fixed since SAS was pushed on all at the beginning of the year. I have tried emails, query index link on site, contact link on site and also in person every single time I picked up my sticker. They won't recall the personal interaction as I have no issues with a problem in a system, I have a problem when a simple problem is not resolved. Oh I might be wrong, I believe on the last pickup I did talk loud and Fritz Pienaar actually said something about them addressing problem (can't recall the exact conversation). I'm still mystified as to why only my very first and very last email was responded to. Everything inbetween just disappeared? I'm not talking about 1 or 2 email. Will most probably never get an answer for this but where my polite little emails got nothing done my biting post did.

3) The problem is very elementary, to the point that it is basic IT stuff they teach at school and to this day nobody has provided me with a simple answer to my simple question - how do you design a DB that allows duplicate entries for values with enough unique attributes to implement foreign keys and contraints? The response from SAS is that I unfairly attached their system and that it is not a system problem. REALLY it must be the fairies then.

To summarize - I attacked a dysfuntional system and those who designed it because in months they could not resolve my problem. Even if I was told to f off because that is the way it is but if I say nothing was done I mean nothing.

So Bergbok you did, and won't see an apology because I don't own one (yes I know it speak of my character)

Uniball well sorry to hear about your ****. If you really feel so strongly about teaching me anything you can communicate with me on threeships (at) webmail dot co dot za and maybe we can meet up

Blackie you clearly registered to defend the ladies honour. It's just such a pity that it has absolutely nothing to do with this lady, or any other lady. Such a wasted effort but I'm sure she appreciated it. Don't know her but I'm sure she's very nice (the system remains crap)

Well there you go. I'm now officially banned so please stop wasting hub real estate to tell me what you think my moral ethics should be. Rather spend the time asking how much it weighs, that it is cheaper somewhere else and in general just talking ****. Any comments about me or my character will gladly be taken off line at the above mentioned email address.

Edited by Admin
Private Conversation removed, please read the forum rules!

hee hee, hoo hoo. newby posts pm from mr tact....

popcorn time!

WTF is SAS anyway? I googled it and i don't really need to fly to scandinavia just yet.

If you checked my date of registry you'll find I've joined a while ago....

And in all that time you failed to check out the rules of the forum? :unsure: