Polar Service?

Johan A Marais

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, splat: have you tried running the application in compatibility mode? Also, you running win7 64-bit or 32?

32 bit

I havent tried compitibility mode (Dont know what that is)

32 bit

I havent tried compitibility mode (Dont know what that is)

if you right click on the application shortcut, then choose Properties from the context menu. Select the Compatibility tab, select hte tick box Run this program in compatibility mode for:

and select which version of windows from the dropdownbox you want to try for compatibility. I'd try Win XP with SP3.

Moonman: as i mentioned previously, it's a bit difficult diagnosing your problem. but try this for me and see what happens:

plug in a flash drive.

startup windows explorer, and right-click on My Computer ( or right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop if you have one)

select Manage from the context menu

once the computer management console is open:

click on Disk Management on the left hand side.

On the right hand side, right click on the flash drive you previously installed under the Volume Column, and select Change Drive Letter and Paths from the context menu.

Click Change, and select I: from the drop down menu, click ok, ok. exit Computer Management console. Dont worry, you wont lose info on the flash drive. You just reassigning it's drive name.

Now try to install/uninstall that program and let me know what happens.

Moonman: as i mentioned previously, it's a bit difficult diagnosing your problem. but try this for me and see what happens:

plug in a flash drive.

startup windows explorer, and right-click on My Computer ( or right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop if you have one)

select Manage from the context menu

once the computer management console is open:

click on Disk Management on the left hand side.

On the right hand side, right click on the flash drive you previously installed under the Volume Column, and select Change Drive Letter and Paths from the context menu.

Click Change, and select I: from the drop down menu, click ok, ok. exit Computer Management console. Dont worry, you wont lose info on the flash drive. You just reassigning it's drive name.

Now try to install/uninstall that program and let me know what happens.

Thanks Capricorn, I will try this tonight and if it works I owe you a Vida E Caffe Mocha!

Thanks Capricorn, I will try this tonight and if it works I owe you a Vida E Caffe Mocha!

Hey Capricorn this worked! Thank you, I have reinstalled my polar program, but it seems to be screwed up slightly, giving my kms in thousands and no heart rate, even though it has been captured correctly on my monitor - boy. Do not know what is going on, have been using this for so long, and never had an issue... Now all this!

But I am sure that Polar will be able to help with this.

Thanks for your trouble!!!!

holycow it worked :blink: but it sounds like the data is being corrupted somehow by the application. In that case, it's best to do as you suggested: discuss with Polar. Might be a slight incompatibility with Win 7.

did i say i luv coffee? :lol:

Glad to have sort of assisted. Soz for it taking so long.

holycow it worked :blink: but it sounds like the data is being corrupted somehow by the application. In that case, it's best to do as you suggested: discuss with Polar. Might be a slight incompatibility with Win 7.

did i say i luv coffee? :lol:

Glad to have sort of assisted. Soz for it taking so long.

Hey coffee is on me, anytime, anyplace... As long as we cycle to the coffee shop!!

Mmmmmmm - saw that :lol:

So Vida E it is then - Must be a Caffe Mocha, as theirs is the best in town... :rolleyes:

So, let's do this! B)

Hehe - not to worry... :blink:

We have a date, but let's not do the time and place on this open forum - hehe, I can just see half of Cape Town arriving leaving me to pick up the bill... :lol: