Rietvlei Farm Route Map

AlexJ007

Had a magic ride through there tonight - Wendels revenge and the pool downhill amongst others. I reckon I could ride parts of that course blindfolded now ;-)

Hi Frosty, there are quiet a few swctions not on but man this is great.I would truly appreciate you doing the rides with me so we can get a mapalog going.I have been told that it is quiet easy to put onto google earth but man... give me a bike to fix and I can do that but...computors.

I'd like to say anytime, but then reality (work, family, etc.) hits me on the head.

How is a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for you?

Please don't tell anyone that most of Wendel's revenge was spent pushing my bike - that's some hard uphills there.

I haven't been past the pool since the 24-hour last year, or at least a few weeks prior.

Frosty... wasn't that you zipping past me up Wendell's revenge???? sure looked like you! There are some nice new climbs up the " Legend", not many guys have ridden them. Sure, a Saturday pm could be great. Mabe there are some more hubbers who want to get their garmens and pens and papers and all else they need and join us. We can do it this Saturday at 2pm. If you spread the news and there are enough we can do a group ride of the "final" trail ( man, I just walked some new development sections yesterday)The "final" is 20km long. I will arrange for some cold drinks at the end and if guys want to brong their own beers we could have a real good time....man we can even have some fires going for an "after ride" braai.......??????

Hello Chris w 65...these are old reports but htese plans are still on the table. The JHB council is on planning sheet number 20 or more and I am developing trails to run between the proposed developments. We are up to date with happenings and I am trusting that we will be around for some time....at least as long as I can keep on riding a bike... the power balance helps keep upright for now...but I am thinking of putting one on each wrist and ankel...should reduce falls..NO????

Hello Chris w 65...these are old reports but htese plans are still on the table. The JHB council is on planning sheet number 20 or more and I am developing trails to run between the proposed developments. We are up to date with happenings and I am trusting that we will be around for some time....at least as long as I can keep on riding a bike... the power balance helps keep upright for now...but I am thinking of putting one on each wrist and ankel...should reduce falls..NO????

Good to hear there will still be trails. I just started MTB and live in the north but looking forward to coming through there for a ride. Not sure if you saw any of my previous posts, I used to "camp" at Rietvlei in the late 70's

• 2 weeks later...

Frosty... wasn't that you zipping past me up Wendell's revenge???? sure looked like you! There are some nice new climbs up the " Legend", not many guys have ridden them. Sure, a Saturday pm could be great. Mabe there are some more hubbers who want to get their garmens and pens and papers and all else they need and join us. We can do it this Saturday at 2pm. If you spread the news and there are enough we can do a group ride of the "final" trail ( man, I just walked some new development sections yesterday)The "final" is 20km long. I will arrange for some cold drinks at the end and if guys want to brong their own beers we could have a real good time....man we can even have some fires going for an "after ride" braai.......??????

Wasn't me - promise! I'm heavy, slow and unfit at the moment so if it was on the downhill, then yes - uphill... never.

Only saw this post now... have been in Durban on a tandem taking in the valley of a 1000 hills as prep for the Amashova.

I'm hoping to ride at the Vlei this weekend, so will stop by the shop first. If you're there - we can talk.