Unwritten Rules for sales?

Caerus

1)Dont run the opposition's product / service down. Explain the differances by all means, but keep to the facts and dont let emotions get involved.

2)Explain any and all "hidden costs" to the consumer. An example, if you sell an item and it needs batteries to work which are not included - tell the customer - theres nothing worse or more irritating to a client to buy something and get home only to find it needs another cable, batteries, a seperate plug etc. Drives me MAL.!

3)Listen to what the customer wants, and dont try and sell him something he dosnt want, just because you have it in stock, and need to move it.

What if someone agrees to buy something and then changes his mind the next day? I understand that folks are allowed to do this but when would a say cut off be? When the seller gets the money only? There must be some kind of friendly verbal agreement "clause" :unsure:

Trust and honesty are pretty much the bottom line for Hub sales.

I sort of rely on the 'security' of The Hub environment and hope that the other person feels the same.

I have done several buying and selling transactions and all have gone well.

Payment confirms the sale.

Once money is in the bank, the item can me sent.

Speed Services is the prefered method.

Or cash on collection.

Trust and honesty are pretty much the bottom line for Hub sales.

I sort of rely on the 'security' of The Hub environment and hope that the other person feels the same.

I have done several buying and selling transactions and all have gone well.

Payment confirms the sale.

Once money is in the bank, the item can me sent.

Speed Services is the prefered method.

Or cash on collection.

So even if the guy agreed he wanted it? :huh: Not good for me then jumping the gun and agreeing to something else. :( I mean its not the end of the world I suppose. Just learnt a lesson ;)

Only ship once you have payment.

Be very careful if the guy has only 1 post and is selling a R30k bike with no details.

I PM guys and ask if they know the seller and what's he like.(the new friends list now also helps a lot)

Ask for loads of photos and especially close ups.

So u are "allowed" to pull out of a sale at any time - leaving the seller with egg on his face :huh:

Yes,i have had guys keep me on a line for days just to vanish or say sorry.

I would say a decent time to back out would be a day.

Yes,i have had guys keep me on a line for days just to vanish or say sorry.

I would say a decent time to back out would be a day.

Ok cool, that sound good. Now to explain to the wife she wont be getting her new bike - Doh. :(