The World's first 2-Wheel SUV

ASG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet deep down everyone wants one....the Pina SUV that is...All the above comments are made out of frustration and willing the price to be in the affordable range for you and I....I suspect these will look the dogs bollocks in the flesh...

Ciclismo, do you realize that off the major bike brands I am aware of only 3 brand names that have the ability to manufacture their own carbon frames, and hence perform the necesarry quality checks. 90% of the other brands use a group of companies to "outscource" their frame manufacturing, which means that 90% of the bikes are exactly the same build quality. Yet some of those brands sell their machines for 80k while others comming out of the same factories sell theirs for 25k.

Which all then boils down to marketing and brand name as opposed to R&D and manufacturing costs pushing the prices up.

The short and sweet, we as a cycling community pay for the stickers on the bikes in most cases and not the bike itself.

And that has nothing to do with you guys taking up half the magazine in advertising?

;)

Interesting you should say that (and I have always been a sceptic as far as this goes - for some mags I agree with you 100%) - we actually did not get the same accolade from Bicycling SA or any other SA cycling magazine we advertise in for that matter! I guess if we wanted to "buy" this award through advertising spend then we should be a little peed off...because did do a lot of marketing but to their credit the guys dealing with advertising and the guys doing reviews and editorial content seem to keep thngs separated. We do a lot of advertising - keep in mind we have 7 different brands with multiple product lines so unfortunately keeping the world informed on these is a pricy exercise.

The "Bike of the Year" accolades were won in USA and Italy for 4 years straight. There is a video by the editor of Bicycling USA explaining why DOGMA won there...if you are interested have a look on our website: www.asgsport.co.za - specific link: http://www.asgsports.co.za/Dogma%20Bicycling.html

ASG

Ciclismo, do you realize that off the major bike brands I am aware of only 3 brand names that have the ability to manufacture their own carbon frames, and hence perform the necesarry quality checks. 90% of the other brands use a group of companies to "outscource" their frame manufacturing, which means that 90% of the bikes are exactly the same build quality. Yet some of those brands sell their machines for 80k while others comming out of the same factories sell theirs for 25k.

Which all then boils down to marketing and brand name as opposed to R&D and manufacturing costs pushing the prices up.

The short and sweet, we as a cycling community pay for the stickers on the bikes in most cases and not the bike itself.

As well as paying for the brand, we are paying still for carbon technology which has been around for almost ten years or longer - These companies know the are ripping off the consumer - Would be interesting to find out what the actual cost of these bikes are to make? :unsure: I know the mould would be initailly expensive but with a world wide market they would pay for themselves very quickly. I was involved in 5-axis CNC machining so know the proceeses involved in making these kinds of moulds. Im sure it would also be easy enough to take a copy of a bikes frame and to reproduce it. Its the same with the lenses from rudy project, all done on 5 axis cnc milling machines - The technology is now old, yet u still pay for it.

What should the right price for this bike be then? Overpriced is what we are saying :huh:

These are provisional prices - frames still have to get here before we can publish final prices but would be interesting to get your comments:

Our top-end 50.1 Carbon Asymmetric FV5 frame kit - duel suspension will retail for approx R32k to R35k incl

Our top-end 46.3 Carbon Asymmetric FV4 frame kit - hard tail: Retail - approx R17k to R19k incl

If i was a sane logical person, which I am I hope. I would rather go out and buy a bike that I know is best of breed when spending this type of money. You are competing with companies like Yeti thas as probably the best carbon frame out there for less than what these are, and just look at the morewood zula, not even carbon but rated the best XC dual sus by all the reviewers that ever came near it. And its only 16k for the frame.

To spend this type of money i would need to know exactly how much more value i would get compared to a yeti or a zula.

Hell just for the frame set? At least I could put SRAM on and not be shot down in flames! Beautiful bikes. Almost fell on my back last year when I saw the dogmas in the flesh so to speak. Stunning bikes.

As well as paying for the brand, we are paying still for carbon technology which has been around for almost ten years or longer - These companies know the are ripping off the consumer - Would be interesting to find out what the actual cost of these bikes are to make? :unsure: I know the mould would be initailly expensive but with a world wide market they would pay for themselves very quickly. I was involved in 5-axis CNC machining so know the proceeses involved in making these kinds of moulds. Im sure it would also be easy enough to take a copy of a bikes frame and to reproduce it. Its the same with the lenses from rudy project, all done on 5 axis cnc milling machines - The technology is now old, yet u still pay for it.

Crack, all your comments in this thread you are complaining about the price. If you cant afford it, start your own thread and complain there. Bottom line, it is a Pinarello - you are going to pay for it!

Money well spent and awesome looking bikes!

Crack, all your comments in this thread you are complaining about the price. If you cant afford it, start your own sad thread and complain there. Bottom line, it is a Pinarello - you are going to pay for it!

Tank thats a bit harsh dude, we have no idea whats in his bank account, i think the debate constitutes overpirced brand name gear. I can afford it, and i sure as Sh!t wont buy one since its ridiculously priced.

Tankman if I could afford thee bike I would buy one and fit it with red!!!! Love the Pinarello brand just out of my reach and not shy to say it.

Tank thats a bit harsh dude, we have no idea whats in his bank account, i think the debate constitutes overpirced brand name gear. I can afford it, and i sure as Sh!t wont buy one since its ridiculously priced.

Yea you right, Sorry Crack that was a bit harsh! And it came out wrong!

We all know some brands are expensive, then dont buy it. You dont see Ferrari drivers complaining about the price of the car do you?

Yea you right, Sorry Crack that was a bit harsh!

We all know some brands are expensive, then dont buy it. You dont see Ferrari drivers complaining about the price of the car do you?

Nope they complain about the insurance B) but point taken, there's a market for this type of thing, and they cater for that market.

come to think of it, most things in our sport of cycling is probably overpriced but we convince ourselves that we need to pay more for lighter faster stuff! :D