Opinions: XT WH-M775 wheelset vs AC MTB Tubeless

Thomo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this still seems to be a 50/50 call.

Tankman, what was the outcome of your situation.?

Confirmed with agent that the new AC's are tubeless ready i.e. have pre-installed rim strips and rim hooks have been changed somewhat to be "more" tubeles compliant.

Decisions, decisions...

I had the older shimano XT hubs combined with DTSwiss 455 rims. XT hubs were ok. Had to replace bearings after 6 months and also had to buy a new hub after 18 months as it was totally shot. I now have the AC's on my new bike and have not had any hassles in the last 3 months since I got them. I also weighed them when my buddy got his SLR's and mine came in slightly lighter (20g, I think). You should have seen his face... B)

AC's would be my choice as I am not completely convinced that all the issues that hubbers had with their XT wheels have been sorted out.

Tankman, what was the outcome of your situation.?

I took the back wheel back to the shop last week Wednesday.

I must say so far the service from the shop has been great, I didn't expect anything less since these new wheels were attached to a new bike!

Mechanic had a look at the freewheel and said it is stuffed. (it did all of 6.8km!) Some of the bearings moved deeper along the axle and there was some type of lip missing on the axle that stops this from happening.

They got Shimano on the phone and without asking to many questions Shimano said they are sending me a complete new back wheel :D Shop said they had a similar issue a while back and Shimano sorted it without hassle.

Wheel was supposed to arrive yesterday but I have been told it will now be here tomorrow :(

It is a bummer this has happened in the first place but in a weird way I am kind of glad it happened now, so it is over and done with while everything is still under warranty. Hopefully the new wheel they are sending has newer components than the earlier batch of these wheels.

I still have a few sets in stock - as mentioned above for R2900 - but the stock is going down quite fast. 4 sets sold this morning and it is only 9:28!

Do you have any of the XT 29er wheelsets yet? Price?

I'm still trying to locate the 24 spoke xt hub does anyone have one , the bikeshops and CRC are not getting back to me

Ordered my XT's on CRC as I got the conti mountain king ust's at R300 pluss I had a special set of wheels built for my brother, so all in all I probably saved a few bob on the whole deal and that includes import duties.

Cant wait for them 2 arrive. :D

I went from XT's to AC and raced the AC at the cradlequest the past weekend and i think they are fantastic wheels and a great price. they lighter than the XT's and as said above much easier to maintain.

+1 for AC.

Ordered my XT's on CRC ...

I hope you get a problem free set ...

Warranty via CRC could be a schlep.