cycling attack in PE

Konaman

I saw on twitter : "Cyclist hijacked in Victoria Drive/Walmer Township this morning! That was the 2nd cycling attacked in 3 weeks in Victoria Drive. Please only go up that road in a bunch!"

Will it not help to carry these small devices that generate 20 000V, and then shock the hell out of them. I suppose it wont be useful if they carry a firearm, but in other circumstances it may help. I have one that is about 8-10cm long and 5cm wide and easily fits into the back pocket. Any other suggestions?

That's bad news we use that road every morning riding around Marine drive. I must agree however never to ride that stretch of road past the Walmer township alone as there have been many attacks on both cyclists and runners.

Azonic you ride so fast they didn't even see you go past.

The Marine Dr ride is one of the best in PE but it's sad that cyclists and runners became targets.Runners have been robbed during a race there with traffic officers on the route.

Don't ride there alone.

Yeah I did a duathlon there a while back and due to the nature of the course the field was split up. Was out and back twice so had to ride past the location 4 times solo. Don't know if you're Facebook friends with KevinD, but you can check my response to this incident there.

Coming upto PE and of the month. Is it safe to cycle towards the Willows ? Don'y know PE well enough to go find any other routes far from my hotel

Sooner or later an attack like this will end in tradgedy, either for the cyclist or the attacker. One of these perpetrators will get a nasty surprise when someone pulls out their gat and plugs him full of lead. From the sounds of it, there are a few riders already packing heat when they ride. Its really is so sad that we have had to resort to these kinds of measures to protect ourselves will doing a sport we all love (roadie or mtb). Unless the guy is carrying a gun, I aint giving my bike up.

We all need to start doing something more about this, maybe organise a mass ride in show a stance or show of unity against not just attacks while we are riding, but also to hightlight the plight of cyclists on the roads(accidents). we all have a right to use the roads without the fear of attack and being killed. Try get Supercycling,Metro police, SAP, government officials whoever would listen really, on board if possible. Enough is enough I say :angry:

Coming upto PE and of the month. Is it safe to cycle towards the Willows ? Don'y know PE well enough to go find any other routes far from my hotel

Depending on what time(ie not to early) you go it should be safe ,but have heard of an incident along that route where a chap was trying to catch up to the bunch in the early morning(ie when it was still dark) and got attacked.

Depending on where you are staying ,there are a few groups in the Walmer area that ride before work,chat to Azonic he will help with times.

One of these perpetrators will get a nasty surprise when someone pulls out their gat and plugs him full of lead. From the sounds of it, there are a few riders already packing heat when they ride. Its really is so sad that we have had to resort to these kinds of measures to protect ourselves will doing a sport we all love (roadie or mtb). Unless the guy is carrying a gun, I aint giving my bike up.

i don't watch these types of movies so not sure of the lingo you're using.

are you suggesting cyclists are riding with pistols and shotguns on training routes? would be news to me.

i also suggest you insure youur bike, unless willie engelbrecht rode it to victory on the rapport tour it's probably not worth fighting over in a knive fight.

i don't watch these types of movies so not sure of the lingo you're using.

are you suggesting cyclists are riding with pistols and shotguns on training routes? would be news to me.

i also suggest you insure youur bike, unless willie engelbrecht rode it to victory on the rapport tour it's probably not worth fighting over in a knive fight.

Yeah, some guys are riding with guns. Cant remember on which thread or who it was on the hub, But guys are suggetsing that they are. I wouldnt say a shotgun though. The bike is insured, even still if a guy had a knife Im pretty confident I could get it off him. I do take your point though about it being worth the risk though. If he doesnt have a gun, I'll be fighting back. ;)

As for the lingo:

gat - type of gun

plugs - shoots

lead - bullit

Crack, this device really motivates the would be bike-jacker into considering a more honest career. Complete with carbon fibre handle, titanium ball and grade 314 stainless steel spikes it is perfect for our corrosive P.E. coastal environment.

post-14134-074012100 1285514130.jpg

Crack, this device really motivates the would be bike-jacker into considering a more honest career. Complete with carbon fibre handle, titanium ball and grade 314 stainless steel spikes it is perfect for our corrosive P.E. coastal environment.

post-14134-074012100 1285514130.jpg

Thats what Im talking about - A nice old school weapon - last used by the Knights of the Rountable :lol:

Thats what Im talking about - A nice old school weapon - last used by the Knights of the Rountable :lol:

Nothing like a bit of Jousting on a bike,good balance practice ;)