Rider down

Gravity

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was not even on my downhill bike. Been training hard for the Hill 2 Hill and went for a ride into Giba gorge on Sunday morning. Half a hour into my ride, high speed narrow section I just clipped a tree with my left side of the bars, over compensate to the right and took a old tree out the ground then hit the floor and went down a bank. My boet had to come untangle me from my bike. Came out of hospital yesterday with a plate and 6 screws.

post-18578-0-54508800-1311851552.jpg

This was not even on my downhill bike. Been training hard for the Hill 2 Hill and went for a ride into Giba gorge on Sunday morning. Half a hour into my ride, high speed narrow section I just clipped a tree with my left side of the bars, over compensate to the right and took a old tree out the ground then hit the floor and went down a bank. My boet had to come untangle me from my bike. Came out of hospital yesterday with a plate and 6 screws.

Eish, unlucky dude. What route and whereabouts at Giba? How long you gonna be out for?

If you ride up the concrete jeep track from the waterfall route then turn off right halfway up. It was along that section just after the steep downhill and almost 180 deg right turn there is a fast section with a couple of trees to dodge. Been doing a lot of fast paced night rides in Giba lately with no incidents and now this happens on a perfect Sunday morning. Been told to stay off the bike for 6-8 weeks. Not happy about that at all but nothing I can do about that.

That is a fast section and def a bit of bar weaving at pace. The left hand switchback after that are also bit naaasty, often see skiddies where ous have lost it there..... Sorry about h2h but at least you can drink beer while the rest are suffering up sunshine :)