are these rumors true?

rock

Hey everyone!

Buy a Morewood, so that they can have tons of money, and can afford to sponsor Greg...

you know you'd love to see a local on a local machine ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

Buy a Morewood, so that they can have tons of money, and can afford to sponsor Greg...

you know you'd love to see a local on a local machine ;)

we'd have to buy 6 morewood's each to compete with sanata cruze, would be cool though

Lapierre's firmed up their team for 2011:

DH rider Sam Blenkinsop had an excellent year, finishing 3rd overall in the World Cup rankings. Joining him for the 2011 season is fellow “Kiwi” Cameron Cole, who had a remarkable 2nd place finish at Fort William in 2010. Sam Flockhart, current European Champion, will be joined in the Junior category by Loïc Bruni, an up and coming French rider with a promising future.

Mountain biking legend and 10X World Champion Nicolas Vouilloz will continue to have an important role within the team, acting as Competition Coordinator for Lapierre. Known for his unparalleled level of professionalism at the races, Nico’s experience will certainly be a useful resource for all of our young riders

Sauce.

• 4 weeks later...

Greg Minnaar rumor squashed!

The 2010 race season wrapped up close to two months ago, now riders are getting to relax a bit, make changes to their training schedules and for some it's time to secure contracts for 2011. Not at the Santa Cruz Syndicate, these boys are all rolling on their Carbon V10s for 2011.

Steve Peat, Greg Minnaar, Josh Bryceland, Jamie Goldman and John Waddell make up the 2011 Santa Cruz Syndicate and they are ready for next season!

The Santa Cruz Syndicate line up for 2011 remains full of some of the most talented riders around, not to mention some of the funniest! We are ready to have another entertaining year with Peaty, Rat Boy & Mr. Minn covering the DH scene, Goldman in the freeride arena and Waddell racing endurance races in Australia. The Syndicate has had tremendous achievements with this group and we're keeping the ball rolling along with our loyal sponsors: Santa Cruz Bicycles, SRAM, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ, ENVE Composite, Maxxis, Clif Bar, Muc-Off, Lizard Skins, WTB, Crankbrothers, Chris King, and Five Ten.

-Kathy Sessler, Team Manager of the Santa Cruz Syndicate

Pinkbikesource

Guest Omega Man

Greg Rides with an OGK lid. I will be buying one when they become available. likey likey.

cool, so santa Cruz coughed up the 3 bar then - nice :D

i think they gave him the best DH bike out there. Winning is more imortant for these guys. It means endorsement deals x10 of their contract value.

i think they gave him the best DH bike out there. Winning is more imortant for these guys. It means endorsement deals x10 of their contract value.

hu$h fanboi! :P

next hot rumor at the moment is whether Gwin goes to Intense or GT, the latter option prefaced by teh fact that Sick Mick and Gwin were seen riding together a lot in the last few world cups.

seems the rumors were off target:

Trek World Racing adds Aaron Gwin to Downhill Line Up for 2011

by Tyler Maine

Nov 9, 2010

Addition of Aaron Gwin Highlights a Stacked Roster

23 Degrees Sports Management is thrilled to announce the addition of Aaron Gwin (USA) to the Trek World Racing 2011 downhill roster.

Currently the UCI World #3, Gwin will race a Team-issued Trek Session 88 throughout the 2011 World Cup calendar alongside his Trek World Racing teammates. A relative newcomer to the sport, Gwin has experienced a meteoric rise in his young career and is widely known as one of America's brightest downhill stars. "I'm really excited to be joining Trek World Racing. I've looked up to Trek bicycles since I was a kid watching Lance Armstrong win the Tours so to be a part of that same American brand and adding to that racing heritage is pretty cool. The support this team provides is second to none and I believe I'll have all the tools I'll need to achieve my goals." Aaron said.

Returning for 2011 will be World Champion Tracy Moseley (GBR), World Silver Medalist Neko Mulally (USA), and World Top 10 rider Justin Leov (NZL). All three riders have had their best career years while riding aboard Trek, and are looking forward to welcoming Aaron to the team. Tracy said, "It's great to be returning to Trek World Racing for a 3rd year and this time in the World Champion's jersey! I'm looking forward to an exciting year and hope to be able to help Trek World Racing become the number one team in 2011."

The title sponsor is as excited about the 2011 roster as the team is. When asked about the brand's involvement with the team, Trek Vice President Joe Vadeboncoeur remarked "Trek is more dedicated than ever to racing and to the Trek World Racing Team. Its value to our product development and brand is immeasurable but beyond that, we really, really just like to race. Our roster is filled with young talent that is going to provide a lot of energy mixed with mature riders that will continue to produce results. Our intention is to be at the top level of racing at all disciplines." On the continued success of the team, Team Owner, Martin Whiteley said, "After the first 2 years of the program, and all we've learned both on and off the bikes, it's clear we’re ready to take the momentum from the two medals won in Mont-Sainte-Anne and spend more time on World Cup podiums in 2011. It would be great to end next season with the yellow plates aboard our bikes, and be crowned the number one team in downhill racing. With this line up, it's certainly a real possibility."

Justin Leov said today: "I know this program as well as I know the bike, inside out now, and working with amazingly focused people is what I'm all about. I look forward to having a solid crew of staff and riders to work alongside these next two years and a lot of fun times and great rides along the way. I just want to get on with it for 2011 and prove I can put down great race runs in the World Cups and at World Champs." Neko Mulally said: "I'm really looking forward to racing next year. To have such top notch support and a great group of people around me allows me to be the best I can be. I have taken in a lot this past year with Trek World Racing and with a better understanding of racing at the professional level I can't wait to put down some solid performances in 2011."

The Trek World Racing XC Team Roster will be announced in the coming days.

and unfortunately, I was right about Needles. Wonder where he is going now. Such a raw talent that one.

I read somewhere that Neethling will be on Pivot? Good bike I suppose, not sure about the support.....

Pivot? Kyle Strait's there right? Well at least pivot will now rock the top 20 more often. I hope needles finds his groove. He has been a bit disappointing last few years, with only glimpses of his insane skill this past year..

Julius Malema will be redoing his woodwork senior certificate this year. Apparently he has been mentored by a carpenter is a descendant of Geppetto and is set to get an A+ on the exams?

Surely he will just buy that A+? Doesnt he know a minister in the education dept? oops no she got moved after he dissed her...

I read somewhere that Neethling will be on Pivot? Good bike I suppose, not sure about the support.....

now there's talk of Neethling on 'Chain Reaction Cycles/Nuke proof'?