Mr Price GT

mikkelz

If we can in any way do *anything* to help how cyclists are being perceived by the general public and motorists, we should, even if we have "valid" and "legal" and "justified" answers/reasons for some of our behaviour. The more aggression we create, the more we put the lives of cyclists at risk. Even if we are sometimes rightfully entitled to something, it doesn't help the greater cause to always insist on it. My only point, as stated in the beginning of this (friendly :-) rant, is that we would do well to make some effort to keep our side as clean as possible. The intolerance toward cyclists are visibly growing, and in small (and sometimes bigger) ways, we contribute some fuel to the prevailing sentiment. I will also be the first to say, I am not entirely guiltless - but I am trying "to be better" ;-)

Hi-five, I am glad there are some clear headed ppl out there who can see that their actions affect other cyclists not only themselves.

:D slowly but surely we will change minds

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do unto others as you wish others to do to you.I am a mtber but also own a car.It irritates me when i drive in my car and i see cyclist jumping robots,cycling on the wrong side of the road etc just as much as it irritates me when i am on my mtb and i have to dodge cars that skip robots etc.I do not know how to fix the problem , but at the most basic the buck stops with me and i have to keep my side/ slate clean.one of the few times when politicians has said something worth listening to was a few weeks back when the MEC of transport said that you cannot make the roads poephol proof.

To the two Mr Price GT guys riding on their MTB's, side-by-side along Spaanschemat River Road before the Tokai Road circle at 1:20pm today, please think about all the **** that's currently going on with cyclists and motorists at the moment before you hit the road again. rolleyes.gif

That road is narrow enough as it is for cyclists riding in single file if there are motorists there, so to ride side-by-side is just plain stupid, especially seeing as you're on MTB's and there is that dirt road run-off to the side of the road. Lastly, if you're out riding in your club/team/sponsored kit - you really should be setting an exemplary example to the public. dry.gif

Rock out!

There is no need to ride next to each other on the road! It just pis&*s the motorists off. I bet you if you had to give a hoot they would pull out the middle finger! Bunch of losers!

What you must also remember is that Mountain Bikers are used to riding nect to each other on the trails. This cannot happen on the road as it is illegal!

I am not standing up for the MTB`s on the road, I am saying that if you gonna ride on the road then obey the rules!

I would have hooted and told the riders their mothers ****!

There is no need to ride next to each other on the road! It just pis&*s the motorists off. I bet you if you had to give a hoot they would pull out the middle finger! Bunch of losers!

What you must also remember is that Mountain Bikers are used to riding nect to each other on the trails. This cannot happen on the road as it is illegal!

I am not standing up for the MTB`s on the road, I am saying that if you gonna ride on the road then obey the rules!

I would have hooted and told the riders their mothers ****!

What, never seen that. Where does that happen? :unsure:

Hey guys,

I am a GT Mr Price rider, and just to clear my and the team's name, it wasn't me. I was out racing De Grendel. Although I have done it in the past(we are all guilty of it at some stage) we are all responsible riders and don't do anything to put our team and sponsors name into disrepute.

GT Mr Price is an awesome set up and we are very privileged to have such great support!

Renay Groustra

Novak you wouldnt find me dead in a Mr Price setup not even if they paid me.

Why so negative about the Mr Price set up? They have always been good to the team and I.

What, never seen that. Where does that happen? :unsure:

Plenty of times!

Normally hit the trails (Tokai) on a Saturday morning around 7am.

Once we have finished our ride after +-50km, around 10am we come across these idiots. They ride 2 abreast around blind corners!!!

Or better yet they ride 3-4 abreast up the main hill and they dont move over when we move to the left to come down?? They then moan at us as we in the wrong :blink:

one word: Wankers!

Why so negative about the Mr Price set up? They have always been good to the team and I.

They also sponsor the sharks why else would i not like them :D

Now that thats behind us, takes some balls to come onto the hub in the middle of "rules of the road thread" so two thumbs up on that one and welcome.

As to your statement, I ride abreast once on the mountain but only if i have at least 100m view if there is a corner up and comming i take the left hand line no matter how bad it is. On the road I have never ever ridden abreast unless it is a really wide shoulder. There is no reason to ride abreast on a narrow shoulder or on a road where there is no shoulder.

The problem these days are that whenever somone rides in a group or sponsored kit they seem to think rules dont apply anymore (not saying your one of them) but thats the general consencus I beleive. Its a matter of the image of all cyclists slowly being destroyed and only a matter of time till everywhere turns out like the cradle where they are putting tumbtags on the road, or devising other vigalante methods to spite cyclists.

Hence why these are such hot topics.

Plenty of times!

Normally hit the trails (Tokai) on a Saturday morning around 7am.

Once we have finished our ride after +-50km, around 10am we come across these idiots. They ride 2 abreast around blind corners!!!

Or better yet they ride 3-4 abreast up the main hill and they dont move over when we move to the left to come down?? They then moan at us as we in the wrong :blink:

one word: Wankers!

Ive got two words for guys like that - F&%king W%$£"kers ;) You find its more the once a month riders that do that, they just dont think. A lot of people just have a peanut for a brain. The same ones that cant drive properly

Hey guys,

I am a GT Mr Price rider, and just to clear my and the team's name, it wasn't me. I was out racing De Grendel. Although I have done it in the past(we are all guilty of it at some stage) we are all responsible riders and don't do anything to put our team and sponsors name into disrepute.

GT Mr Price is an awesome set up and we are very privileged to have such great support!

Renay Groustra

I wasn't out to lay the blame on any one individual (there were actually two - kidding!).

Just thought I'd make mention of what I saw seeing as you guys and your team are pretty well known and I would hope, set the example for fellow cyclists when riding in your sponsored kit.

take a hike

Super professional attitude there from Mr Price GT. In the words of Eminem: "Next time there won't be no next time" when you're riding side-by-side on the road with your buddies.

take a hike

Lekker attitude!

Wont be so lekker if I come across you guys and you give me the finger!

Super professional attitude there from Mr Price GT. In the words of Eminem: "Next time there won't be no next time" when you're riding side-by-side on the road with your buddies.

Dont worry Mikey, he is a youngster who is 8 years our junior!

Maybe he will get more sensible over time :P and see the bigger picture!