CSA Licensing

Spark

"Membership will entitle riders to race, be seeded and participate in CSA sanctioned events. Exceptions

are detailed under Racing License Section"

"A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events. SA

Championship events and SA Colors require a racing license. CSA points will only be given to riders a

with full racing license."

So in short, join a club.

Become a member of CSA for R75

Race on.

No additional R35 per event

You have the option to upgrade to an International license (Race License) at any point after being a CSA member.

This is how I see things here anyway.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typo.

To participate in a CSA-sanctioned race you need a day license OR CSA membership. If you want to race Vets, Elites etc. you also need a racing license.

I've been communicating with CSA a lot about this.

For most of us average Joes, the costs will be exactly the same as this year. You still need to pay your R75 CGC affiliation. You still need to pay R75 to be able to race as a 'fun rider' (it's just called a CSA membership, rather than a cyclosport license).

If you race Vets, Elites etc. you need to buy a full racing license (even for non-UCI events) at R350. It appears you pay this in addition to your CSA membership.

There is no longer a Junior racing license. Up to U16, CSA membership is enough. After that you need a full racing license to race in the racing categories.

Ahhhhhhh! So nothing has changed for the average joe! FFS

ok to recap - I am already a ROAG member , I become a CSA member and as a "fun rider" can race as often as I like as long as I don't try and race provincials and UCI races ?

So in short, join a club. R200-R400 (plus club kit) or join Roag for free but if you live in JHB you need to pay CGC R75 aswell

Become a member of CSA for R75 not included in club membership

Race on.

No additional R35 per event

You have the option to upgrade to an International license (Race License) at any point after being a CSA member. ontop of the club and CSA fees. So full racing for the year can cost you R1000+ and that is not entry fees

This is how I see things here anyway. me too

From what I was told my CSA - you either by a race licece for the full year at R350 which gets you into any race(which gets you seeding etc etc), if you go the memebership route only(R75) you pay the R35 day licensefor every race. So if you ride lots of races it makes sense to pay the R350 once off. The funny thing is not mant races have asked for mt CSA card. Ive forgotten it and just said I had one, no one bothers to check anything.

"A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events. SA Championship events and SA Colors require a racing license. CSA points will only be given to riders a with full racing license."

The only thing to add to this is that you also require the racing license to race in the current racing cats at normal races i.e. the same arrangement as this year.

Ambiguity is bliss (just for you BM) in regards to CSA.

So if I join ROAG. Live in KZN and ride MTB average joe races

I am in for R75?

Hi everyone. I know a lot has been said about the licencing and what is needed and this is my summary as sourced from Eulogy that deals with the Western Cape Summer and Spring leagues: For Engen Dynamic Elite/Vet categories as well as for the 2010 Spring league you only need the CSA day licence which you automatically get when you've joined PPA. You don't need another CSA racing licence. Below is his email:

"You are correct in saying that when you join the PPA your CSA Cyclosport license is included in that fee (you PPA card serves as proof of CSA license). This CSA Cyclosport license covers the CSA day licence fee that riders NOT belonging to a club or PPA needs to pay additionally when entering events. This licence is also the correct one you need to participate in the Pro Classic Series, Spring season, so you do not have to apply for any further licensing.

The same goes for the Engen Dynamic race, if you want to compete in the Vets or Elites, all you need is the CSA Cyclosport licence and you just need to show your PPA card for that.

It is only when you want to participate in the WP Champs or Nationals that you need a full CSA license, and up to this stage no one can confirm where you need to apply for that, and if you receive another card... (luckily this will only be happening next year again,… so there is still time to figure this out)"

For dummies_16.bmp

Hi everyone. I know a lot has been said about the licencing and what is needed and this is my summary as sourced from Eulogy that deals with the Western Cape Summer and Spring leagues: For Engen Dynamic Elite/Vet categories as well as for the 2010 Spring league you only need the CSA day licence which you automatically get when you've joined PPA. You don't need another CSA racing licence. Below is his email:

"You are correct in saying that when you join the PPA your CSA Cyclosport license is included in that fee (you PPA card serves as proof of CSA license). This CSA Cyclosport license covers the CSA day licence fee that riders NOT belonging to a club or PPA needs to pay additionally when entering events. This licence is also the correct one you need to participate in the Pro Classic Series, Spring season, so you do not have to apply for any further licensing.

The same goes for the Engen Dynamic race, if you want to compete in the Vets or Elites, all you need is the CSA Cyclosport licence and you just need to show your PPA card for that.

It is only when you want to participate in the WP Champs or Nationals that you need a full CSA license, and up to this stage no one can confirm where you need to apply for that, and if you receive another card... (luckily this will only be happening next year again,… so there is still time to figure this out)"

Was this for 2010? What about 2011?

So PPA are affiliated to CSA?

So only Gauteng clubs need to be affiliated to GSA?

No mention of all the hidden "must be affiliated to GSA" on CSA website.

Boswell / Wilkie cycling affiliation now selling for 2011?

Would seem that PPA, CSA, GCA, Myrace etc etc etc make life really easy for everyone.

I'm only looking up to the end of 2010. If it will be like that for the whole of the 2010/11 funride season - I don't know. We can sort that out later. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with other provinces. This is for Western Cape races.

I'm only looking up to the end of 2010. If it will be like that for the whole of the 2010/11 funride season - I don't know. We can sort that out later. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with other provinces. This is for Western Cape races.

Ok, So PPA is just paying over your R75 CSA membership fee as part of their joining / membership renewal fee (no need for GSA circus affiliation as PPA is in WProvince)

If I join Roag, I pay no joining fee to them but need to pay CSA R75 (contribution to the circus) This is only if i reside outside of Gauteng.

If I join Roag and I reside in Gauteng, I need to pay R75 to CSA and R75 to CGC (as i need to be affiliated to the circus area, as earn more moola in GP).

Now are are really confusing me (easy to do) . That would mean even if I join a real club like CycleLab I would still need to belong to CGA and CSA ?

Now are are really confusing me (easy to do) . That would mean even if I join a real club like CycleLab I would still need to belong to CGA and CSA ?

Sorry I got my GCA, CGA, CGC confused! Wonder why.... CGC = Central Gauteng Cycling

If you live in Gauteng you need to pay CGC. No matter where you reside you need to pay CSA to do anything.

The club you join may incorporate the CSA and CGC fees if they are payable depending on the province (CGC).

At the end of the day your money is going NO_WHERE.

As a fun rider who does MTB, why should I pay for roadies to go train oversees?

CSA want nothing to do with cycling safety at home (as i understood it from the tread mag) and people have woken up to PPA only showing face around argus.

Does anyone find it strange that PPA is no where to be seen and that CSA is only incorporated with their fees.

Mountain biking should be taken care of by AMA and PPA and CSA should push off, their are more fun riders than serious riders and they saw this cash cow a mile away...

My question is how did they get in to all these races and no one has questioned them from a higher authority? (corruption at the highest levels is the only reason I can see)

Me also thinks that this confusion is also the reason many cyclists have not recieved their Licenses after applying. The CGC payment bucket was skipped and CSA did not aprove their license. Or the club failed to pay CGC and only joined CSA and never recieved the licenses (not a hard thing to do)!

Your membership to the club normally includes the CGA, or NGA sicne you are in blou bull land, but does not include you CSA membership.