So sick of bike jackings!!!!

rattlesnake

So sick to death of hearing these stories... seriously makes me want to carry a 9mm and put a bullet between those f**cker's eyes!

What is the solution? Some sort of cycling body needs to be formed. Cyclists in the area pay a fee and the body arranges security along the trails?

Oct. 15 (SAPA) -- Former Comrades marathon winner Nick

Bester was overpowered by three men while cycling, assaulted and

robbed of his mountain bike, Beeld newspaper reported on Friday.

"Before I knew what was going on, they pulled me from my

bicycle, threw me onto the ground and started kicking and

beating me," Bester told the paper.

"One of them put a knife to my throat and asked for

firearms and money. I told them I do not ride with that."

The incident happened on Thursday morning around 6.15am

next to the Mabopane highway in Pretoria.

He suffered a broken rib and his mountain bike worth

R50,000 was stolen.

The three men, two of them armed with knives, took his

cellphone and watch.

"One of them cut my cycling shirt off my body and also cut

the elastic band of my cycling shorts. He put his hand in front

of my shorts to look for money."

Bester said they pulled him into the bushes where he was

tied up.

One of the men was arrested later in the day.

Edited by rattlesnake

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or 9ml of mercury?

Would you have to dab the guy with a bit of cotton wool, so they would doent become infected before inserting the needle, all the while asking him to hold still. I would say a 9mm would be more suitable for said appraoch to a bike- jacking

Having a gun would not have helped Nick, but rather the thugs would be better armed next time if he had.

"Before I knew what was going on, they pulled me from my

bicycle, threw me onto the ground and started kicking and

beating me," Bester told the paper

screw that, use like a nitting pen....its blunt..and long...so the d@@s will have a painfull time....if the law wasn't so "protective" over criminals we could actually do something ourself....your not allowed to beat him cause then its assault, your not allowed to stab him...etc...so what should we do? Maybe just tie him up in the reeds and burn hi and cycle off, no one would know....

Thats the problem, its so well planned now. Its defiantly a highly organised group/gang doing this to order. So much so they will even watch you for days if not weeks before. Knowing evreything about your riding route and who you ride with. I will still maintain that there are people that are on the hub involved with this, and the selling of parts & the frames.

I will still maintain that there are people that are on the hub involved with this, and the selling of parts & the frames.

If that is indeed the case and they are reading this forum.... then they should take heed, because the day will come when they get what is coming to them. It would really help if hubbers are super aware of the routes through which they buy their goods. Do some background checks on the guys that they buy from, whether on the hub through previous activity or by asking technical questions. Lets all do our best to flush these guys out. Don't buy from guys that give you the slightest reason not to trust them.

Edited by rattlesnake

It seems to be a Joburg thing, not heard of any bike jacking in KZN as yet. You wonder if its ZIm nationals and other African refugees? That are being enticed into doing these bike- jackings :unsure:

I will still maintain that there are people that are on the hub involved with this, and the selling of parts & the frames.

There are suddenly a lot of new members selling wheels and group sets.What are they doing with all the frames?

There are suddenly a lot of new members selling wheels and group sets.What are they doing with all the frames?

They will be gettiing sprayed and new decals put on and soon to appear on the hub, with new groupsets etc, thats why I maintain any bike or frame sold must have a serial no. - NO SERIAL No. THEN NO SALE. Any person sellin legit bike, parts & frames should not have a problem with it. If you do go to The Gumtree, Im speaking to them(via email) at the moment about doing the same.

They will also be going out into our African neighbours

They will be gettiing sprayed and new decals put on and soon to appear on the hub, with new groupsets etc, thats why I maintain any bike or frame sold must have a serial no. - NO SERIAL No. THEN NO SALE. Any person sellin legit bike, parts & frames should not have a problem with it. If you do go to The Gumtree, Im speaking to them(via email) at the moment about doing the same.

They will also be going out into our African neighbours

I actually agree there...I still have my purchase invoice of my mtb as proof from cycle lab :P

I think sellers should have a minimum of 50 posts or something before selling something? Will keep out the 2 post spammers just here to make some bucks and then leave? Just my opinion

Edited by MTB_Roadie

It seems to be a Joburg thing, not heard of any bike jacking in KZN as yet. You wonder if its ZIm nationals and other African refugees? That are being enticed into doing these bike- jackings :unsure:

i guess the bike jackers could be anyone, either locals or immigrants. However, as with car theft, I think the brains behind all the bike-jackings are some rich educated skelm donners living in places like northcliff and sandhurst...

I say we ride together to draw Governments attention to our plight. Across the country all cyclists come out and ride to the central police station in their area to hand over a memorandum setting out our problems and issues. Who's with me on this one - anybody?

I'm in CT - I'll lead this regions ride to Caledon Square next week Friday.