Bike-jacker arrested…

Tumbleweed

A journo colleague of mine just got a call from someone in Midrand, who says they've arrested someone believed to be involved in the bike robberies in the area. The Saturday Star is following it up, I believe.

Be safe out there, peeps!

Have a good weekend.

heard on 702 they arrested one of Nick Bester's bikejackers. Wonder if its the same one. But thats quite far from where I understand Nick got attacked.

:clap: :clap: Lets get a battery with some exposed wires to his genital area, will have him singing like a canary, either that or get Helen Zille speeches played back to him on loop :lol:

I say - let him loose on the bike community!!

I'll bet he/she will plead to be rather locked up!! Losta angry guys out there...

:clap: :clap: Lets get a battery with some exposed wires to his genital area, will have him singing like a canary, either that or get Helen Zille speeches played back to him on loop :lol:

laugh.giflaugh.gif Very funny!!

I say - let him loose on the bike community!!

I'll bet he/she will plead to be rather locked up!! Losta angry guys out there...

I think it's more like let the bike community loose on him :thumbup:

Its good they have arrested a suspect, but how the case progresses and if he is prosecuted is what matters, you dont scare these fellas with jail time.

Anyway, in my opinion the damage is done, no amount of legal wrangling will make Nick (or anyone who has been assaulted) sleep better at night, no amount of "crowing" about arrests AFTER the fact will help you forget a knife at your throat..... No, we want active policing, we want "Bobbies on the beat" as it were, we want a clear and visible police presense in crime Hot spots, we want to stop opportunistic violent crime before it gets to the "tie him up and threaten him with a knife or firearm" stage.!

Wish all of the above could be true, but the sad fact is that it can't.

Not while the general population (the majority) are willing to sit back and moan and groan while actually doing nothing about it.

We need to look after our own.

Nobody wants to go through a bike-jacking, yet it happens all too often.

Everyone of us on this forum has been either directly touched by this, or has a close friend that has suffered through this.

It is time that we take the fight to the criminals, without breaking the law ourselves. They have more rights than we do in any case.

Put pen to paper, write to newspapers, magazines, use radio talk shows and let the people see what is happening to us.

While it is great that one of Nick Besters attackers got caught, the fact is that he was caught for trying to sell the stolen phone. Not because he was trying to sell the bike.

Get to the root of the evil, and wipe it out there.