NCR: Hijacking

Gravity Sucks

NCR: Hijacking  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been hijacked ?

• Yes. Held up at gun point & they got away with something
    • Close shave.
    • No.

As I am assure most of us have heard of friends or family been hijacked. Now that it happened to me, want to know about how many of you out there were personally hijacked or held at gun point. I am just glad we got away with our lives....

As I am assure most of us have heard of friends or family been hijacked. Now that it happened to me, want to know about how many of you out there were personally hijacked or held at gun point. I am just glad we got away with our lives....

So sorry to hear that this has happened to you :o - Just glad youre ok :) Whats happened?

Long story (as they always are) my wife & daughter were hijacked in front of our house as they were waiting for gates to open. My wife was hit in the face & back of head with assholes 9mm. I heard her hooting from inside the house and went outside to catch the end of the hijacking. So minus car wallets camera cell phones...

Not a nice picture.... A very stressfull and emotional event...

Long story (as they always are) my wife & daughter were hijacked in front of our house as they were waiting for gates to open. My wife was hit in the face & back of head with assholes 9mm. I heard her hooting from inside the house and went outside to catch the end of the hijacking. So minus car wallets camera cell phones...

Not a nice picture.... A very stressfull and emotional event...

Thats so hectic, so so sorry that this has happened to your wife and to have to witness it must be terrible, I do hope that they are ok. I hope that they catch the bastards or rather they die a painful death from AIDS.

Twice in my company. Once they shot the security guard in the chest and neck, he survived but is lame on the left.

I have had a company bakkie stolen at gunpoint, no injuries apart from the driver having to walk about 5km to get help.

It must have been terrible to see that. I dont know what I will do if my wife gets Hi-jacked or any of the other everyday things that happen to woman in SA.

A while ago there was a thread about Hi-jackers killed while trying to hi-jack someone at the gate of there house. I think there son was in the house and overheard the commosion outside, he ran out with a gun and a couple of the hi-jackers was killed.

Sorry to hear! That is terrible! My uncle has been hijacked. They were posing as cops and pulled him over. Put him in the boot and drove around for two hours.

hi hubbers.

My kids where held at gun point in my house 14 10 & 6 years of age, they where tied up with electrical cords that they found in my tv room. shuft into the bathroom all 3 of them tied together like dogs and i just quickly went to my next door neighbours to te fetch something and started chatting at the gate while the basterds was in my home didnt even know it robbing the house and holding my kids at gunpoint. shouting at them if i come through the door they will shoot me and then them. Thank God for keeping them safe all the way.

I read a terrible story that happened in Pinetown(Durban), about the boy/young man shot my would be hijackers/robbers the day after he had his final day of Matric, his brother was also shot. What the hell is going on, why is this government not doing more to stop this rampant violent crime.

I cant wait till one of Zumas family have this happen to them. Why are not seeing more police?

Gravity, i am soo glad that they are not badly hurt. do go for counselling (all of you) please.

i've been through being in an armed cash heist (at the office where i worked back then, a bullet missed me by 10-15cm) and an attempted hijacking of my car (was suffering from sleep deprivation and did what i should NOT have done - grabbed my "gorilla lock" and attacked :o was VERY lucky to get away with that reaction but must learn to control my fury cos it will get me killed one day)

Gravity, i am soo glad that they are not badly hurt. do go for counselling (all of you) please.

i've been through being in an armed cash heist (at the office where i worked back then, a bullet missed me by 10-15cm) and an attempted hijacking of my car (was suffering from sleep deprivation and did what i should NOT have done - grabbed my "gorilla lock" and attacked :o was VERY lucky to get away with that reaction but must learn to control my fury cos it will get me killed one day)

Eish, Slowpoke. What happened when you retaliated?

Thats so hectic, so so sorry that this has happened to your wife and to have to witness it must be terrible, I do hope that they are ok. I hope that they catch the bastards or rather they die a painful death from AIDS.

SSSSLOOOW painfull death!

Eish, Slowpoke. What happened when you retaliated?

oddly enough the dude who'd got out their car and headed for my drivers door took one look at me and DIVED back to their car and they sped away before he was even properly inside. i think he realised knife vs gorrila-lock-and-crazed-woman was gonna be a fail. if he'd had a gun it would most prolly have been very different.

Thanks to all who posted here.... Just amazing how much of this is happening. We have all been for counselling and as expected we are all going thru the various emotions. If the goverment cant do anything... how can we avoid this ****?

Strongs to all out there that have been thru this.... and support those that you can...Tx

Car jacked 2 years ago, i have a tandum garage and was swopping my car for my bakkie and had just reversed the car onto the road when out of nowhere i hear a gun cock and voice telling me to lie down, one guy kept the gun pointed while the other searched me, took keys and wallet then started the car, the guy with the gun then jumped in and off they went. I was not too fussed with it as the car was 13 years old and the insurance paid out more than what i would have got on trade in for another, only schlep was they also had my bakkie keys so i had to have the ingition, doors and gearlock changed as well.

So far the poll show that 33% that have voted / polled have been Hijacked... scary.

Edited by Gravity Sucks