Lion attack's Cyclest at Addo Race

thysK

So because of this manager's idiocy the lions had to be put down. wtf!!! :angry:

Proof that **** happens when idiots are managers.

Apparently the bloke was "Dik Gesuip" from an all night party and then the lion pulled his leg...

Come now man, stop pulling my leg! :D :D

So because of this manager's idiocy the lions had to be put down. wtf!!! :angry:

Proof that **** happens when idiots are managers.

Liions have a natural fear of humans, once they lose it they become more extremely dangerous.

Apparently the bloke was "Dik Gesuip" from an all night party and then the lion pulled his leg...

Probably a Shark's supporter

This morning, I read the article "Man looks on as lions savage friend" - a pretty shocking story about a man who was killed by three lions. On a lion farm. Where he was sitting on the fence of the lion enclosure.

Hang on... He was sitting on their fence. They didn't cunningly escape their enclosure and hunt this man down like calculated villains. They saw him sitting within their reach and did what lions do best. And yet, all three lions were apparently put down shortly after the attack.

I just don't get it. The lions were only doing what lions are born to do, and surely it was the victim's mistake to be sitting on that fence. It stuns me that humans can meddle so much with nature and then act surprised when an unashamed and powerful predator simply does what it was designed to do. And just because it does it to a person, we think we have the right to "put it down".

Lions are predators and we are prey. The fact that we invented cages and catch-poles doesn't change that fact. And if people could just respect this balance - either by leaving these animals in the wild where they belong, or by respecting their space in captivity - no one would get hurt. Especially those beautiful animals who we profess to love and protect.

Never mind survival of the fittest. In today's world, it's the most arrogant species that survive and thrive. And yes, I know I'm a human being too, but when I read stories like this one, I'm ashamed to admit it.

Excerpt from News24 article

This morning, I read the article "Man looks on as lions savage friend" - a pretty shocking story about a man who was killed by three lions. On a lion farm. Where he was sitting on the fence of the lion enclosure.

Hang on... He was sitting on their fence. They didn't cunningly escape their enclosure and hunt this man down like calculated villains. They saw him sitting within their reach and did what lions do best. And yet, all three lions were apparently put down shortly after the attack.

I just don't get it. The lions were only doing what lions are born to do, and surely it was the victim's mistake to be sitting on that fence. It stuns me that humans can meddle so much with nature and then act surprised when an unashamed and powerful predator simply does what it was designed to do. And just because it does it to a person, we think we have the right to "put it down".

Lions are predators and we are prey. The fact that we invented cages and catch-poles doesn't change that fact. And if people could just respect this balance - either by leaving these animals in the wild where they belong, or by respecting their space in captivity - no one would get hurt. Especially those beautiful animals who we profess to love and protect.

Never mind survival of the fittest. In today's world, it's the most arrogant species that survive and thrive. And yes, I know I'm a human being too, but when I read stories like this one, I'm ashamed to admit it.

Excerpt from News24 article

I also don't get these things. The same with dogs. Owner forgets the gate open, dog bites someone and dog gets killed.